Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Little Man's Quilt

Hello friends. Are you frazzled with all the running around and activities this week? I'm pleased to say, other than wrapping a few more gifts, my days are slowing down. Tomorrow we have four of Kim's kiddos here and then tomorrow night have our two oldest grandsons here for a sleepover. Such fun! Many of you have asked about Little Man's lap quilt. These photos didn't turn our very straight, sorry(but the quilt is straight).  I will say initially I was just going to make him a wall hanging, but Kim let me know he'd love a lap quilt. It was the fastest quilt I've every put together-as you can see; but when you have a very active 4 year old who is rough and tumble, it made sense to keep it very simple. I fell in love with this fabric and knew he would too-he knew the names of wildlife here in Colorado before he knew the names of farm animals. He is truly a Colorado boy. Instead of doing lots of quilting, I machine quilted along the Aspen trunks on the outside of the leaves. I was going to outline the Rockies too, but changed my mind.  He is also getting a new pair of Ug's-but the ones that have a face like a bear.
Also loved the Elk on this fabric, so what would be easier than making this the back.  The lines on the front of the tree trunks, were not straight and you can tell by looking at the back.
There are a couple of other projects I can't share until after Christmas because they are presents.
I hope you are finding time to enjoy this blessed season!
Hugs,
Noreen

8 comments:

  1. Noreen, No one notices the seaming...you made the cutest quilt for a precious child. He will always love it A house full of kiddies...fun , fun, fun. Blessings to all of you. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Noreen!!! Enjoy your family, friends, and good food as we celebrate....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome quilt that any boy would certainly enjoy. How cute that your grandson knew our Colorado animals before farm animals.
    Your grandson is going to be one very happy little boy on Christmas day.

    Blessings~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the quilt! Your little man will surely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're almost inspiring me . . . not quite there yet lol! Glad things are slowing down!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet quilt, Noreen! He's gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that are art pieces , well done BRAVO

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14