Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Happy Tuesday to you! We woke up today to dark, dreary skies; reminds me so much of Sonoma County in California. So here are my feelings about it.  Rainy Days make me want to stay inside and sew or read, even possibly take a nap.  We desperately need the rain and to be honest I prefer the rain to snow, but my heart is dreaming of warmer days.


I love Tulips; we have lots of bulbs in our front beds~but not enough for me.  I do need to plant some more next fall.
Daffodils have always been my favorite flower; in fact, on our second date my sweet hubby stopped by the side of a road and picked some wild daffodils for me-be still my heart.  He definitely had me then.
Thankfully the weather in northern California will be really nice and warm this weekend and I'm looking forward to it.  It will be a sad occasion-a Memorial Service for our sil's mother; lots of cleaning out of her belongings etc while we are there.  However, we get to spend three nights with our best friends & traveling companions planning our trip to New England this fall, this will be so fun after a bittersweet day.  We will also get to spend an afternoon and night with my brother and sister of my heart-which will make it all the better.  I know we will see lots of Daffodils by the roads in Santa Rosa and Windsor, which will make my heart sing.
Hope you have a great day, regardless of the weather.  For those in the south and east please be careful if you are having those awful storms we saw on the news.
Hugs,
Noreen

7 comments:

  1. I hope you see many daffodils by the road on your travels. Tulips and daffodils are joys to see, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the drearies here too, and heavy rain tomorrow. We so need the rain, too many bad fires. But rain means mud, and that isn't much fun for Mom.

    Hugs to your family.

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weatherwise, it should be a great trip for you. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I know what you mean! We are in the season of dreary rain here too, but I was so happy yesterday to see the first sign of tulips coming up in my garden that I planted last fall! I hope you have a good trip to CA, sounds like it will be a bit of a tough day for you with the memorial service for your SIL's mother, you will be such a blessing to them. And I hope you get to enjoy daffodils to your hearts content... take a picture for us to enjoy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for the loss of your SIL's mom. Wrapping up a life is always very soulful. We are out of our drought so we will try to give you all our rain!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's snowing up here - and I guess that you and I are living at our best elevations because I like snow much better than rain!

    It will be a sad trip to CA - I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have had non-stop rain here, too...with a bright day for a while today. I am so ready for spring. I am tired of all the cold, wet weather. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14