Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Homespun Devotions-A Treasure



 

Good morning friends, I hope you are all well and enjoying the changing of the seasons! One of the many blessings of the blogging world is that you get to know some incredible people. Over the years you feel like they are family and even though you haven't met, there is a kindship you share. I've followed Cheryl Smith for years, can't tell you how many exactly. I feel like I've known her for decades.  Cheryl is a remarkable woman of faith, wife, mother, friend.  Her outlook on life is one of quietness and strength.
When she first posted about her new book, I was immediately drawn to it, due to the quilt and the guitar.  Her writings draw you into a quieter time without the distractions of our world today. I have imagined sitting with Cheryl sipping tea or coffee and just sharing heart to heart. Her devotions are like that; they are stories of everyday life, blessings and trails and how Jesus met her in each place.  Let there be no mistake though, Cheryl is a fierce prayer warrior and tiger when necessary.  She has written another book called Biblical Minimalism: Following Jesus from a Life of Abundance to a More Abundant Life.
This dear friend has such an encouraging way about her and it shows on the pages of her devotional book. The chapters are short and cause you to stop and think about the lessons learned.  I can pick up this book whenever I feel the need to draw closer to the Lord; she inspires me to dig deeper in the Word and spend time alone with Him.  This is available on Amazon and you won't be disappointed!  
Blessings to you!
Noreen

2 comments:

  1. Dear friend, I am so humbled and blessed by your precious words. I pray that God will richly and abundantly bless and reward you for your dear friendship all these years, your encouragement to me, and your support of what God has called me to do. Sending much love and gratitude to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful review, Noreen. It would be so uplifting to sit down with you and Cheryl over coffee!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14