Friday, February 23, 2018

Winter is Back

Happy Friday to you!  Yesterday was very, very cold but at least sunny and bright.  We still have several feet of snow on the ground and the roads resemble what happens in March-lots of slush.  Today started out bright and sunny, but after our mini group finished our coffee time it was clouding up.  I stopped at the store on the way home from coffee and then after unloading the groceries, we had lunch and played cards.  When we are both home for lunch we have three games we play-Cribbage, Euchre and Golf.  After that we went to the gym and worked out.  Right now the clouds are rolling in and it is supposed to snow this afternoon, night and tomorrow.  I'll be downstairs, but had to jump on here first.  This weekend will be pretty relaxed; the only thing happening tomorrow is that a friend is having three gals over for lunch.  I am taking an Angle Food Cake, Strawberries and Whipped Cream.  I got a gluten free cheesecake for myself, so will take a small piece to have-they wanted me to have a dessert I could enjoy as well-it's easier for me to take something I like and have their choice for them.
I just want to encourage anyone out there who works out-either at a gym, walking, riding or whatever~if you feel like you aren't getting any stronger or better, you probably are and just don't realize it.  I had felt that way before Christmas and yesterday took out my chart from when I first joined our gym and met with a trainer.  I couldn't believe how much I've progressed on weights; I am feeling better about going three days a week now.  Hubby says he can see it-my pants are loose and my arms much tighter.  So I shared this to encourage you not to give up or if you've stopped to start back up again.  I wish I would have started this 10 yrs ago and maybe I wouldn't have had some of the issues with my health that I've had.
Whatever you are doing this weekend, I wish you joy!
Noreen

3 comments:

  1. We didn't know you were gluten intolerant...our Mama has Celiac's which means no gluten for her! It can be really challenging at times for her. We were excited to hear Copper is expecting puppies. Please keep up posted on how she does and when the puppies are due :)

    Sophie and the critters in the cottage xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this encouragement. I am SO frustrated, as I have been exercising every, single day since January 1st, and it seems to be doing NO good at all. It is SO hard for me to lose one pound, with my health issues, but your encouragement today gives me a boost to keep trying. Maybe it doing something internally that is beneficial to my health, even though I can't see any results on the outside. Have a wonderful weekend, sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully the snow will melt soon..

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14