Friday, February 16, 2018

I'm Thankful For...

Happy Friday to you all. It is a gorgeous day here in northern Colorado, a bit brisk but sunny and clear. Somehow yesterday just flew by as I was working on a new quilt square and never sat down here. This morning hubby and I went to the gym and worked out, ran a couple of errands and then a neighbor and I went out to lunch. She and her hubby are moving in April to Florida, so we needed to catch up and see how things are going with their move. So today as I count my many, many blessings I count grace that saved me as #1, hubby at the top, my family, pets and friends next.  Health is a big one...being able to go to the gym and work out whenever I want. As it is, I try my best to make it three times a week and occasionally four. I am thankful for being able to utilize weight machines and a bike, as well as walk when I can. With spring around the corner, I'm hoping my close friends on the block and myself will begin walking daily. I am so thankful that last summer I got my new sewing machine and it has made machine appliqué darn right fun! I had never gotten into it before because both of my other machines lacked a blanket stitch. Now that I've found out how easy it is, watch out. Another thing I am thankful for is that our daughter's family dog Copper, better known as Moose in our house, is going to be having puppies in April.  Here she is back a year ago...she is a beauty~a Red Parti Standard Poodle and has such an incredible temperament!  She is gentle with kids and family dogs alike, smart and so willing to please.  In fact, I've never had a family dog that wanted so much to please you.
Here she was as a puppy-probably 6 months old.
The stud is a Red Standard as well, bigger than Copper who is only about 40 lbs and has a similar temperament.  It will be such a fun experience for the family to have the pups and raise them until they find their forever home.  If Copper was a bit smaller, we would probably get one, but as we get older I just get concerned about handling a bigger dog.  Before we got Hunter, I seriously talked with a breeder about a miniature Poodle; in fact, I would take a medium size Poodle as well-which run about 25-30 lbs.  So we are very thankful that they have this opportunity and that Mr. B will begin his  life skills that will hopefully lead him into being a Vet Tech or eventually Vet School.
I'm heading back downstairs now to continue on with another block for my wall hanging-it will be quintessential me.  You will just have to wait and see it when it's done.
Hope you have a fantastic weekend!
Hugs,
Noreen

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful fur baby.. hope you have a blessed filled weekend...

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14