Friday, December 15, 2017

Tea Time

Hello and Happy Friday to you! I hope you've all had a great week and are enjoying all the preparations for Christmas. As I've shared before, my two daughters-Carrie and Kim host a quarterly tea party for all of the females in the family; occasionally little man joins us as he did today~he got all dressed up and looked so handsome. The two oldest young men were busy with school and couldn't join little man upstairs. Little Man is used to having mostly girls around, so he was fine with today. Didn't Kim do an amazing job with the table-so bright and festive.


I didn't get a shot of all the tea sandwiches or of the fruit-which came from my brother and sil in California.  This roasted squash salad with pomegranate seeds is one of my favorites.
There were homemade pomegranate seed scones that were delicious.  Kim had set up a Hot Chocolate Station for the kiddos and we ladies had hot tea.

A brief tour of Kim's home-love the vaulted ceiling that can accommodate a huge tree. Her kiddos assemble the tree and decorate it.  They have been putting in Oak Hardwood floors and it looks so bright and clean.
More sweet decorations.




Last but not least was dessert-so yummy. Kim made Irish Tea Cakes in a gingerbread mold and then covered them with chocolate.
Carrie made her delicious chocolate macaroons and also Maple Meringues.
The girls all did a craft with felted wool balls, either making a wreath or a garland.  Somehow I missed getting them crafting.
Tomorrow morning I have a Christmas Tea at church and then will meet up with the rest of the family for lunch-half the group are going to see the new Star Wars movie and the other half will be at one of the houses watching Christmas movies.
Have a joyful weekend!
Noreen

6 comments:

  1. Oh how beautiful and oh how fun! Good job, Carrie and Kim!! Long may this wonderful tradition go on!! Love~ Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful tradition and so nicely laid out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her house looks beautiful and what a lovely tradition. Enjoy the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful tradition and such good looking eats. Christmas blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noreen, tea anytime of the year is special but especially at Christmas. That salad looks amazing as does the pretty table..Merry Christmas..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun to get together in a scheduled way to have a tea party! Such amazing food you got to eat, that salad looks amazing! And ow wonderful to make a craft together too! You stay so very busy my friend, it is a wonderful season of the year :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14