Monday, October 23, 2017

Castle Tucker, Wiscasset Maine

Happy Monday friends! I hope you had a great weekend; hubby and I did some yard work yesterday, but still have more to do. Continuing on, we found this delightful home to a Maine family during the mid-late 1800's and how a granddaughter continued to live there after her grandmother passed. Richard and Mollie purchased the house in 1858 and furnished it in Victorian style. It still has most of the original furniture. It sits on a hill overlooking the Sheepscot River.



                                       Loved this staircase!
This pool table and all of the furnishings were original.

                Our youngest daughter Kim would love this spinning wheel.
  A Singer that was made prior to my two, but is in better shape; not sure if it was from the 1800's or like mine from the early 1900's.
 Loved the kitchen, especially the Hosier.

Can you believe it, but we still have more photos-not as many and I'll be discriminatory, but I sincerely hope you are enjoying them.  Hubby and I have already talked about making another trip just to Maine-we love it there and never got to go antiquing.  Someday maybe.
We are off to the gym, I'm hoping one of these days my body gets used to the weight machines and it isn't so tiring.  Not sure what the afternoon will hold, but I'm sure stitching will be included.
Today is a very special day for our daughter Carrie, she turns ---- today.  It's not a big birthday so we won't mention how old she is.  Carrie has always been such an incredible blessings, from the time she was born until today.  We are blessed beyond measure by her love.  We will be celebrating her birthday, her hubby's birthday and Kim's hubby's birthday on Friday night.  Both son-in-law's share the same birthday, so it is extra fun. Happy Birthday my girl, we are so proud of you!
Blessings on your day.
Noreen

6 comments:

  1. Enjoying your Maine Photos, Noreen, that staircase is so beautiful, love seeing the antiques, I love antique shopping too, which reminds me I am overdo for one. ~wink~
    Dh and I worked outside yesterday too, it was so nice I stayed out until way passed dusk.
    Keep exercising, my dear, your body will thank you.
    Have a blessed day.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please forgive, Noreen, I forgot to wish your sweet daughter a very Happy Birthday, as well as your sons-in-law.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful home! And Happy birfday to Carrie! We hope your next few days are as nice as the ones we're getting here!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful home, Noreen. I love seeing and learning how times were long ago. Happy Birthday to all your crew. That must really be fun when you all celebrate together..Have a wonderful week.xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You managed to see so many wonderful places on your trip. Mom loves the rounded parts of the structure. She has always wished she could live in a house with a turret.

    Happy Birthday to your sweet and special daughter and to the rest of the celebrants too.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another reason to add CT to a future trip...we have Gillette Castle! Bet you would love it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14