Tuesday, September 19, 2017

The High Country

Happy Outdoor Tuesday.  I could barely believe the thermometer registered 47 degrees this morning when I got up.  Summer is fleeting away and fall is here.  Yesterday I had a nice visit with my friend over lunch, celebrating her 71st birthday.  After that, we went to a local JAX sporting good store to see if there were any good sales going on.  There were, but it was a bit rich for my tastes; I then drove her home.  Most of the day was gone by the time I got home, it seemed like it was almost time for dinner.  This morning I've already walked with girlfriends; I haven't yet started at the gym, because hubby and I are heading to the high places for two days.  This will be truly a R&R time away, before we head to New England-which will not be a slow paced trip.  There will be too many places to see, to much seafood to eat and too much fun.  So today I've got to shower, figure out what I'm taking for the brisk air up there and then pack. Hubby is golfing and when he gets home we will head out. It is a three hour drive and we will only stop for bathroom breaks; we have a favorite restaurant that will go to for dinner tonight.  It is called 8th Street Grill and basically a butcher shop where you can pick your own cut of meat and they grill it for you; it's not cheap, but oh so good.  I'm not sure how much hiking we'll do with hubby's heal spurs; hopefully we'll get one or two easy ones in.  One of hubby's closest friends and his wife just happen to be going up there today too-so we will meet them for breakfast tomorrow.  Hunter will be in heaven with Copper and Lily and the grands.
I hope you are all enjoying the changing season and being grateful for life.
Hugs,
Noreen

5 comments:

  1. Ah, New England! Me and Stanley have never been there but mom says it is her favorite place to visit!

    Yo-ho-ho! Yer Pirate Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't ready for Summer to go, but I do love Autumn in New England.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is definitely fall weather here! 40s was our high the last few days! Sounds like you have a very fun weekend planned! And going to New England will be wonderful this time of year, will look forward to hearing about your trip. Have fun with your R&R :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been in the 30's most mornings here. I hope that you are having fun in the high country!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Noreen, have a wonderful WONDERFUL time in New England!! It's hotter than blazes here in northern Indiana the last couple days... doesn't feel like autumn at all. I'll be glad for the cooler weather to come back once again. Enjoy your time spent with your love & also friends. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14