Thursday, August 17, 2017

Happy Thursday to you; what are you thankful for today?  Life is such a gift and I'm so thankful for another day!  Fall is definitely in the air, as I said yesterday.  One disappointment I had was that hubby called me out back and one of my big Dahlia stalks was blown over in the wind and had broken off at the ground level-such a shame.  It had so many blossoms on it ready to burst open.  He tied up the rest and we can only hope that there will be more blossoms on the other stalks. Previously,
I mentioned that I had challenged my mini-group to make something for fall, from a fat quarter I got each lady in So. Dakota.  Here is the runner I made; I love the fabrics and the pattern as well as the machine decorative stitches on it, but being the perfectionist I am I see things I want to work on.  I am so very new to machine quilting and still prefer hand quilting, but this has been so fun and fast.

Yesterday morning when hubby and I took Hunter out for a walk, we saw this Hibiscus plant-the blossoms were huge(plate size) and I love the color-so I had to snap a picture. My parents had Hibiscus plants and they did so well in our yard, but I've never had good luck with them. I do realize that you have to put them in the ground(or that is my experience with them)if you want them to really do well.
Today I'm off to have lunch with two quilting friends and then maybe attend a softball game this evening with both sil's and the two oldest grandsons playing in it.  I love watching the game and cheering all of our family on.
I am thankful today for grace that fills my life; for the love of my hubby and family. I am thankful for my fluff-ball Hunter and being able to walk him, as well as walk nearly every day.  I am thankful for quilting and that hubby accepts my projects that are perfect.  I am thankful for the beauty of flowers and the changing of seasons.  Each day I am getting ready for my favorite season.  I am also thankful that we will be going with our best friends to New England in October.  I am so incredibly thankful that Jim survived a heart attack and is doing so well; Barbara also has had to deal with a major health issue, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been-so thankful that they caught it early.  So thankful for these dear friends, who are family to us and who we can travel with and they don't get too tired of us.
I am thankful for the world of blogging and getting to know new friends.
Blessings on your day!
Noreen

4 comments:

  1. God bless your husband's heart, on many levels in many ways. xoxo Oh how I love your quilt runner, Noreen. What brand of machine quilt do you use... or do you use a "plain" sewing machine? I'm anxious to get back into painting again, this fall. It's been years since I've painted with any regularity... or done any craft, for that matter. I think it's time and you have always inspired me. <3 <3 Have a wonderful day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table runner is so beautiful! Is Fall really on the way? :)
    I have so much to be thankful for. Right now, I am thankful for each day God give me with Cam as she fights this cancer!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post -filled with thanksgiving, hope and love. I love your runner, Noreen. You are doing great with your machine quilting. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noreen, that is really a beautiful quilt runner.Love the colors. We had a bush of hibiscus at our last house. The blooms were actually 10" across. It lasted for a good 25 years but then a gopher got it. We tried one up here but maybe it didn't like the heat or the cold so didn't do well..Happy Thursday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14