Monday, July 24, 2017

The Love of Family

Happy Monday to you all. We had the most fantastic weekend ever with our family. My brother and sister of my heart were out for a visit and we had such a relaxing, wonderful time with them. On Saturday evening we gathered at Carrie's house for a dinner prepared by Carrie and her hubby and Kim and her hubby. There will be more pics to follow, but Sue(sil)emailed me this yesterday. They left yesterday mid day to head home to Ca. and it is always so sad when we part. Life is precious and we cherish every minute we all get to spend together.
Kim, far left, Carrie, hubby and myself.  It was a wonderful evening and we all had a fantastic meal of bbq'd steak and mushroom kabobs, grilled squash from Kim's garden, roasted potatoes, kale salad, watermelon and Peach Cobbler with ice cream for dessert.  All 11 grands played until dusk when  they almost dropped and I have to say my dear brother brought a jelly bean game-you may have seen it....everyone gets to spin the dial and then take the jelly bean it lands on. The only issue is that the jelly bean can have one of two flavors-a good one or a awful one(I.e-Coconut or Spoiled Milk).  It was funny to see the expressions of everyone.  I have to say I got the dead fish one and I don't think I'll ever eat another jelly bean; so if you are addicted to them and want to quit, this game is for you. I am not sure how Jelly Belly got the flavors, but we had several people almost lose their cookies, if you know what I mean.
  Today is another special family day-18 years ago our oldest daughter Carrie married the man of her dreams.  We love Brent as if he were a son and he is an incredible husband, father, brother, man of God and son to us. Happy Anniversary Brent and Carrie!
What a blessing to have such a close family, who all get along splendidly and enjoy being together.
I am blessed beyond measure.
Have a fantastic Monday.
Noreen

4 comments:

  1. Yes, you are blessed to have your family be so close and get along so well. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Fun pic of you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noreen, I am wishing Carrie and Brent a happy anniversary and many more years of happiness. I wish I could find that jelly bean game...that is just right up a young kids' alley. I could just imagine teens or grad schoolers playing it. I do not even like the pop corn flavor of jelly beans. :) Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you are blessed in deed!
    Such a precious photo :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14