Thursday, June 22, 2017

It's Thursday and so that means I always try to stop and give thanks for the many blessings in my life.
I am thankful that I've been getting out at 7:30 to walk each morning, but I still come home sweaty.  I'm thankful for the wonderful neighbors that I walk with everyday; they are in such good shape that it pushes me to walk faster and get my heartbeat up.  I am thankful for a healthy body and heart, also for the beautiful area we live in where I can walk each day.
Yesterday I went over to one daughter's home and used her ping pong table to pin two quilts. I am thankful that she has a table I can use, it is so much easier than sitting on the floor doing it.  I am also so thankful that two granddaughters were there to help me with pinning.  They are so kind and thoughtful!  It only took an hour to pin both quilts and normally, if I was doing it alone, it would have taken one hour for the bigger quilt.  I am thankful that we have such a nice basement that stays really cool~last night I was able to sit downstairs and start hand quilting my granddaughter's quilt.
I am thankful that we have a neighborhood pool that we can enjoy whenever we want to; in fact, this morning the girls and their kiddos and I are meeting there for swim time and lunch.  Such a blessing to have them so close to us.
I am thankful that during the summer months our little town has concerts on Thursday nights.  There is a different venue each week and we take our dinner and enjoy being outside and listening to music.
I am thankful that I am married to such an awesome man, who gives and gives and gives.  Saturday evening the family will be celebrating him-both for a late Father's Day and also for an early Birthday. His birthday falls in the middle of July, but is shared with our second grandson so the family decided to split up the party.  My hubby would just be happy with a card, but since he spoils us so much, we like to spoil him too.  Tomorrow I have a sew-day with my mini group and will be heading out first thing; I'm thankful that I'm part of the group and so enjoy all the ladies.  I'm thankful for life and the Love of my Savior.
So dear friends, what are you thankful for today?
May your day be sweet and your weekend be fun!
Blessings~
Noreen

7 comments:

  1. We are thankful that today won't be as hot!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noreen, I love the idea of concerts on summer nights, and the picture of you working on a beautiful quilt. Stay cool and enjoy the week..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great list of things to be thankful for, and to not take for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful - and a lot to be thankful for!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is the simple things in life that make us so happy and so thankful we have them.

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I am the asnkful for your prayers. All is well and I'm recovering.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always so good to stop and count our blessings. No matter what our circumstances, there is always something -- often, many things -- to be grateful for. And it's those "little" things that are always the best, and of course friends and family. Sounds like a great list. xo

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14