Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Getting Ready for the 4th

Good Morning to you! I hope your Monday went smoothly. I mentioned that I had made some 4th of July placemats and wanted to share the first one that is finished. All are made and just waiting for the binding to be tacked down. I had fun with this project and machine quilted it, adding some more dimensional quilting than I've ever done. On the red and white stripes, I have so wavy designs. For those who machine quilt, remember I am just starting out with this-I prefer to hand quilt, unless it is a project like this. This was a quick project, only took about 4 hours-which for some of you sounds like I'm very slow, I am.

Last night I started tacking the binding down, but also in the middle of hand quilting a granddaughter's quilt, so stopped after finishing one. We have friends coming for dinner on Saturday night and I want to be able to put them out. I really love the look and also how quick and easy they were.  Once they are all on the table, I will share the look with you. However, I made a runner last year for our island and after doing this project, I may need to redo the runner.
I'm off to the pool with the kiddos today, it will be so hot here.  NOT complaining though.
Hope you have a fantastic day!
Hugs,
Noreen

8 comments:

  1. The placemat is beautiful. It is so hard to find nice ones at the store now, and once they are washed they all shrink. We love yours. The table is going to look so very festive.

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noreen, Those mats are so pretty. I can't wait to see the table set with them. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks fantastic! Great job, Noreen!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how beautiful, Noreen! You look like a quilter... a very sweet one!! :)

    Blessings on your new day~ Andrea
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the placemats. Have a great 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Beautiful!!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14