Monday, March 20, 2017

St. Patrick's Day

Happy Monday to you! We are having beautiful, spring-like weather and I'm taking advantage of it. I'll walk in a little bit and then I"m sure my day will include some outdoor time. Later this week we are supposed to get rain-which we truly need. For now, this Irish gal is very happy! On Friday our oldest daughter Carrie hosted a St. Patrick's Day tea & luncheon for all of the gals. Hubby took the three boys out to lunch, but didn't get any photos. Carrie set a beautiful table with her China and even some of the Belleek pottery that I bought her in Ireland. She had sandwiches, cucumbers with avocado and capers, cheese, crackers; I brought green fruit and Kim brought dessert~an Irish tea cake. Here are both daughters with all of the granddaughters; be still my heart-love my family to pieces!  Everyone knows they have to wear green-even if it is jewelry or just a little bit.  Even the boys had green on.

After lunch, the kiddos all went outside to play in the sunshine.  The schools were off last week for winter break, or maybe it was spring break so the girls were able to be outside during school hours.  Typically, they stay inside during the regular school hours.
Not much on the agenda this week~a couple of meetings and I'm taking a neighbor to lunch on Wednesday for her birthday.  Oh yes, I have to go to DMV to renew my license, for some weird reason(maybe I've never had one in this county before) I have to go in person and couldn't do it online.
I hope you have a spectacular day!
Hugs,
Noreen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Noreen,
    What a fun thing for your daughter to do, and
    your daughters are both beautiful as well as that quivers of grandaughters. The are all so precious......8, I can't imagine how you
    keep up with them all.......lol
    Nice pic of you and your daughter as well,
    You look like sisters........
    Belated Happy St. Patricks day from one Irish girl to another.........lol
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14