Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Happy Birthday to Me

Happy Wednesday to all of my friends and loved ones!  Today is a special day in my life~I've officially reached Medicare age.  You know you are getting older when Social Security and Medicare are milestones.  I'm excited about my health care being cheaper!  Our health insurance had more than doubled from the time we moved here and I'm excited that now hubby pays less than half of what it was up until this month.
I started my day off hearing from my daughters~we celebrated last Saturday and it was such fun.
This morning I had our neighborhood bible study and my close friends had a card and a gift card to take me to lunch once we get back from Ca.  Tonight hubby and I will be going out for dinner, to our favorite restaurant- Bone Fish.  I can't wait; I should be walking right now, but have to many things to do to get read to leave tomorrow.  I've heard from my brother and looking forward to spending time with them as well as seeing our friends in Santa Rosa, even though the reason for the trip is not pleasant.  I'll be out of contact for the weekend; but hopefully will have some pictures of beautiful Sonoma County in the spring to share with you next week.
May blessings cover you today!
Noreen

21 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Noreen. Here's to cheaper insurance . Getting older may get you some discounts. I'll take all those I can get. Have some fun on your trip. Blessings, be safe, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy Birthday, Noreen. You have officially reached the golden years. I beat you to it by about 12 years and just now finally got cheaper insurance. I kept the insurance from when I worked at the school district and it was very high. Since the pre-existing conditions were taken out of the mix, now I get it much cheaper. That is a happy birthday present..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Noreen!
    Looks like you'll get to enjoy some beautiful Spring weather in Sonoma county and everything is so green from our very wet winter! Have a great trip in spite of the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Noreen, and have a wonderful and safe trip.

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Noreen. Welcome to the Medicare crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too reached Medicare age which is an excellent program that we paid into for many years. Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a very nice day.......
    Happy Birthday again sweetie.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! Praying you had a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I missed your birthday yesterday! Happy Birthday to you....
    I reached that age last October and truthfully I haven't even reasoned with turning 60 yet!! Hope you had a lovely dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I missed this post sorry Happy Belated Birthday ! Sounds like you had a great day and less on health care bonus ! Thanks for sharing , have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I'm a day late! Hope you had a great birthday. My husband and I are looking forward to Medicare-we're so tired of the problems with health insurance!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated birthday!! Mom is dragging her paws on her next one BOL!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, Noreen! Have a safe and pleasant road trip. We just returned from one and the southwestern desert is in bloom like never before!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday from us and our mom!!
    Cammie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday Noreen!!! Have a great time celebrating....sounds like you have stretched it out over time.....a good way to begin a new year...a milestone. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday Noreen! How wonderful to celebrate knowing your insurance will be cheaper! Sounds like you have a fun day lined up today, and hope your trip to CA will be blessed, in spite of the difficult circumstances surrounding it. Happy Birthday hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Noreen, I wanted to stop by to tell you how much I appreciate your prayers for my surgery last Monday. Diana posted a prayer request on her blog and I am full of gratitude! I am slowly recovering but wanted you to know how very much I appreciate you thinking of me. :-) Happy belated birthday, hope you are having a wonderful time. Looking forward to following your blog and getting to know you better.

    blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday!Yes, insurance cost is so very high now days! Stay happy and healthy dear friend!
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy birthday to you!! Glad your insurance is cheaper now! xo

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14