Wednesday, February 1, 2017

The Importance of Music

Happy Wednesday to you all.  I have hit a bit of a block in what to post about; we are all there at one time or another.  I will say that music has always been such an important part of my life-from my earliest memories until now. In fact, my dad and I often would sing songs together; I also have memories of riding my bike home from Catholic school, singing songs that we learned there.  In high school I was always singing-with guitar in hand and my best friend(Aletha) by my side.  When our girls were little I used to walk them to school and we sang along the way.  It is still like this for me-be it at home, in the car, with grands or by myself-you can often hear a song on my lips. If I'm alone, it is worship music-my favorite.  The other night, hubby and I watched a PBS show on John Denver and I was still able to sing along and knew all the words.  So when I'm anxious, I will often have my IPad going or simply be singing in my head.  This week it's been like this a lot-almost constantly.
So what about you-do you love music as much as I do?  What is your favorite type of music?
So start singing, even if just to yourself.  It will make life better.
Blessings~
Noreen

6 comments:

  1. He had the best songs to sing too. Music always changes mom's mood
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sing in the shower, and in car with the radio.....but I'm always humming! And I'm not sure they're even real songs....but a mishmash of hymns, marches, and classical! Crazy, right!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep-I am a singer, too. Always have been. I loved John Denver and was lucky enough to see him in concert way back in the 70s. What a loss to all of us when he died so young. I love Christian music, too, and some of the old hymns, also. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family back in the day on the farm all got together every Saturday night and had a sing song and our own jamming sessions and some would just tear up the dance floor we did it all in the barn . We all are musically inclined as is my hubs to , Back then some sang , some played instruments and some did both . I can play guitar , the accordion , drums and sing . I was in a band when I was a younger adult singing . I like all kinds of music and I am always humming about the house to but my ultimate fave music is the music of nature . Great post keep on rockin lol ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always singing. And if I'm not my children are. We come from a household of worship leaders so worship and Christian music are what we listen to the most.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Music is a big part of our family too, it was important to us to put our children in piano lessons when they were young. Our family had jam sessions growing up, and still do on Saturday evenings when we are all home together. Gospel songs are my favorite. Enjoyed your post today :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14