Thursday, February 16, 2017

Hello there,  I'm writing this early because I want to share the most touching love story that I've heard recently.  You may know that hubby and I love Country Music, or at least have for the last 5 years or so.  I also love listening to Christian Radio when I'm in the car and all alone.  Yesterday I heard the story of a couple of Country Singers, I wasn't familiar with, named Rory and Joey Feek.  If you watched the Grammy's the other night, you would have seen Rory except an award for Best Christian Hymns; we didn't watch it, so I may have the category wrong.  The announcer on KLove said that when he read the story of Rory and Joey and Joey's courageous fight with cancer, he started to cry.  I knew I wanted to find their song and story.  I mentioned it to Carrie on Tuesday and she had heard of them~so I did what anyone would and googled them.  I found a Youtube video on a song "When I Am Gone" and watched it.  Actually, I watched it twice.  Then I found Rory's blog and went there; I can tell you that it is one of the sweetest, most touching life stories I've read in a long time.  Of course, just a week ago I got news that a gal I had worked with for several years in Ca., passed after an 18 month battle with Cancer of the Brain.  My friend left her husband, daughter and grandson and 15 yr old son; so I might just be emotional about those that lose the fight.  So hearing that Joey lost her battle and left her husband, a daughter with Downs and loved ones, touched me deeply.
If you haven't heard their story or especially their song, please go to Youtube and type in their names.
I am anxious to get some of their songs downloaded; it makes you cherish every day you're given.
Hugs,
Noreen

4 comments:

  1. Noreen, Joey and Rory lived in the second town east of here. Joey was born in Alexanderia...Rory brought here home to be with her family and friends while she fought her cancer battle. The Gaither brothers own a business in Alexandera and I have been thinking they will probably sell Rory book and music...I have been wanting to go there. I first saw this sweet couple on a commercial, many years ago. Hugs to you in the loss of your friend. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed the whole story almost from the beginning. So very sad...and that poor little girl, too....and harder to explain to her because of her ability to fully understand. God certainly was needed in their lives as they went through their journey. Amazing courage....xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the loss of your friend. Cancer is such an evil disease.

    C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it is indeed the sweetest story I've heard in a long time and also one of the saddest. I followed them through until her death. Heart wrenching!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14