Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Happy Wednesday to you. I'm back home again with that cold that has hung on-such a bummer. I promised I'd share some of the incredible food we had on our trip. Our first night we visited some friends in Sun City and took them out to dinner at Abuelo's in Peoria; they choose the restaurant and it couldn't have been better. It reminded me of a restaurant in Santa Clara, back in the 80's called El Torito. So I haven't had Mexican food as good as we had in California for 9 years-this place took me back there. I had Salmon with a wonderful sauce-oh it was so good. If we get back to Sun City, definitely going to have to get back there.
On Friday we drove up to Sedona and once again walked through the town and loved it.  We had lunch at our favorite restaurant-Oak Creek Brewery in the Village of TLAQUEPAQUE.  They had gluten free buns, so I was able to get a turkey sandwich.  We decided that this would be our big meal for the day-in fact, we didn't eat dinner that night.  Best coleslaw I've every had.
Hubby really didn't need dinner-great ribs.
It was a cloudy day and the sun broke through for a few minutes-so we only got photos with our phones.
I love the red rock formations.
On Saturday we drove to Florence and then onto Oro Valley.  We had planned on staying in Tucson, but our neighbors were in Oro Valley and decided to stay there. I can tell you that from what we saw there, I loved this area.  As you know, I'm not into big cities so Oro Valley was perfect!
Today I'll be hanging out and trying to fight this cold off.
Tomorrow we have snow predicted-grrr.
Seize the day!
Noreen

5 comments:

  1. Your meals look delicious. We still have an El Torito near us. Also my sister in laws live in Peoria so we will have to try Abuelo's next time we visit them. Glad your home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great trip but there is no place like home!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Welcome home...
    I love when you find a great little place to eat when we travel! And to think they had gluten free buns (scored on that one)
    Doing well here, just the wind blowing like crazy!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good trip. Get well quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that your cold goes away soon! We hope to visit Sedona sometime. It looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14