Thursday, January 5, 2017

Good morning to you. Today I am thankful that I was able to get out and help hubby shovel snow; this is the first time this winter that I have and I remember just how much work it is. We also shoveled the sidewalk in front of two neighbors homes~one is away for three months and the other couple are older and it is more difficult. Of course, I'm so happy that our oldest grandson is now adding snow removal to his business of mowing lawns. The only drawback is that with still being in school, he can only come over in the afternoon. We are so proud of his business sense and hard working personality. Last night, hubby was just getting ready to go out and shovel the driveway one more time, as he opened the garage our grandson was almost done with it. He Rocks! So this is what we have this morning~pretty, but cold.

Hubby is also so thoughtful and diligent to clear the steps down to the yard and also to clear a patch of lawn for Hunter.

Today will be another inside day-though the sun is shining. I am determined to get downstairs to my sewing room. I do have two major projects, but when I cleaned my closet the other day came across a small spring wall hanging that just needed binding-which I will do this morning. Then onto piecing my Fig Leaf top together; next will be layering my blue ocean quilt from last summer so I can start hand quilting it.  I have to admit that after I machine quilted some table runners for Christmas, I found it fast and enjoyable.  So I may just plan on that for small projects.
Hope you are staying warm-for those in AZ, I know you are.
Hugs,
Noreen

3 comments:

  1. Noreen, That is wonderful of your grandson. I think young people could make money doing snow removal and mowing in summer. It's work but for them it's good exercise too. You have way more snow than we do here...but it's snowed all day. Blessings, stay warm, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got some snow too, and Mom was out shoveling this morning. Luckily for her, we only got two inches. We want lots more but we will have fun just the same.

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome about your grandson helping and being so productive in setting goals for himself. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14