Thursday, October 13, 2016

It's Thankful Thursday and I'm so thankful for all of life, all the blessings from above and for the Grace that has been poured out on me.  Yesterday was a very cool, even cold day here in Colorado!  I attended my ladies bible study and then spent the afternoon with hubby.  He painted our hall/guest bathroom and we also went shopping for the dinner we are preparing tonight for our friends.  In case you are interested, I'm making Butternut Squash Soup, roasted vegetables, bbq'd Cornish Game Hens, a rustic olive bread and our friends will bring fruit for desert.  I will be cooking a good part of today and this afternoon take some neighbor gals to a cute little boutique that has cute tops, purses, leggings, camp's, jewelry and goodies.  I hope to get some photos of our dinner tonight; if I can remember. After dinner we will be playing cards or board games. Hubby will make sure we DVR the Bronco's game to watch after they head home.
 Life is good and I'm so thankful for my beloved, my family, my furry companion who warms my heart-Hunter and for all my friends.  I'm thankful we live with incredible technology, regardless of the fact that I am annoyed by FB sending me text alerts that tell me about recent posts by you, my friends.    Tomorrow I hope to have some new photos, but I've also got a quilt meeting in the morning and may not.  There are days that just fly by so very quickly that I am surprised when I realize that I didn't post.
I pray your day is good and filled with peace; we certainly need it during these awful election times.
Blessings~
Noreen

3 comments:

  1. Oh, yum, butternut squash soup! So perfect for a Fall meal!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinner sounds yummy! We love your new blog background☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our mom was talking about Butternut Squish soup the other day! She keeps forgetting to write down everything she needs at the store though. Nice that hubby likes to pain!! We're going to cool down a bit but the weather has been wonderful the past few days!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14