Monday, October 3, 2016

Good Morning Friends, It is so hard to believe that we are in the month of October; you know the rest of the year is just going to fly by! I finished this Christmas wall hanging last week and wanted to share it with you. Unfortunately, because half of the quilting is on the white squares, it is hard to see.
I hung it up, hoping for a better shot. I'm please with it and I know it will be a fun addition to my other decorations.
There is quite a bit of quilting in the white areas-a dahlia adorns the middle of the white squares.
While you can see the medallion in the center, the feathers on the border don't show up too well.

I actually ended up adding more stitching in the white sections. It was a really fun project; now I'm onto another that I bought last week at the show. When that is done, I have some Christmas presents to make and eventually after the New Year, I will begin hand quilting my blue top that I started in Sisters. We had a nice weekend~two grandsons spent the night Friday, after Miss F's birthday dinner and party. The boys brought the latest Avenger movie and I watched about 2/3 of it, but honestly couldn't keep the characters straight since I only saw the first one. Saturday morning we made a big breakfast-it is traditional to have pancakes, bacon and orange juice with us. If we try and do something else, they will eat it but miss the meal we usually prepare. We played Yatzee after breakfast and I won-yeah!  We gathered with some neighbors on Saturday afternoon and then yesterday just had a relaxing day and watched football as well as golf.
I hope you are having a good day and enjoying the start of a new month.
Hugs,
Noreen

4 comments:

  1. That is just beautiful! Our mom would never have the patience to hand quilt. We are seeing cooler weather today. Me and Stanley love it!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noreen, Lovely quilting. I wish that was something I had done in my youth. I like that you are teaching your sweet granddaughters. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt, Noreen! You are a very talented seamstress! Glad you got to have a couple of the boys over! You are excellent grandparents!! Blessings, Cindy xo

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14