Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Yesterday I had two girlfriends over for lunch and we had such a fun time visiting.  I made a hamburger, onion, mushroom, cheddar cheese quiche and served it with a green salad. For dessert I made one of my favorite gluten free cakes-a Magically Moist Almond cake, the recipe is on the back of Bob's Red Mill Almond Meal/Flour package.  If you like the taste of Almond flavoring, you'll love this cake.  It also uses a bit of Coconut Flour and I substitute the Vanilla extract for Almond Extract. If you don't like Almond you might not care for this; it reminds me of Marzipan candy.
I served it with fresh berries as you can see.  My friends and I usually go out for lunch, but I may have changed that.  The quiche was a big hit and actually made two, so hubby had it for dinner last night and probably lunch today.  I was so glad Ruth got a photo of the dessert!  After I cleaned up, I had a bit of time downstairs; I still have one more heart to make today.  Tomorrow we get another pattern.  Right now, I'm heading out to meet another friend and walk with her; if it is too cold outside we will head into the Senior Center and walk their indoor track.  I've got a couple of errands to run afterwards; I've got two grands coming over this afternoon for sewing.  Hunter is wondering why his momma hasn't been walking him-it is simply to cold.
May your day be blessed!
Noreen

12 comments:

  1. That looks delicious and kind of springy too!

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noreen, We are in for a snow/rain/ice storm here. Hoping we can get thru this day without incident. So glad you had your friends to lunch. I miss my sisters' day luncheons. It got down to two of my sisters being whiney or grumpy...whatever they call it...I just quit having them. I thought to myself...if someone would cook and invite me to lunch in their home...what would be the real problem? , I mean really. Truth is I dearly love all my family. These two sisters, seem to not let themselves be happy. So I just meet them for bingo or walks. Glad you are finding places to walk while it's bad out.Blessings to you and yours. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely lunch. Your meal sounds delicious and the dessert looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, that dessert looks so good. Mom hopes it warms up before her trip out there. She wants to get outside there to walk a bit too.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to try this dessert. I use almond flour all the time. It is 35 here, warm enough for a walk, but it is so damp. Brrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice luncheon! I think it's so neat when friends can get together...time is precious. It's been extremely cold the past couple of days with rain and wind. The sun shines bright today but the wind feels bitterly cold! When I take my boy out, we don't walk very far...and he doesn't like that. :)

    Hope the rest of your week is great!
    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't need to eat gluten-free, but that cake sounds awfully yummy! I may have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What would we ladies do without our girlfriends?
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it nice to have friends to share a lunch or afternoon with. I'm glad your friend snapped a pic of your dessert too. We lost a very close friend recently so it reminds me how special friends and time can be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh that lunch sounded soooo good!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Noreen! Not only does that cake look great, the presentation is amazing! You are such a wonderful friend, I wouldn't be surprised if you all decide to make your own lunches and relax in each other's homes. Sounds heavenly...
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nothing better than a lovely lunch and a visit with dear friends! Your almond cake looks amazing, especially with the fresh berries on top - yum! Have fun with your walk today, and I do hope it warms up for you to walk little Hunter again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14