Monday, February 15, 2016

Miscellaneous Monday

Good Morning Friends~I hope you had a great weekend and found some time to do something that made your heart soar. We had a busy but fun weekend; I keep hoping my days will slow down, but they never seem to. That must be a good thing because it means I'm healthy and staying active. Last week I had sewing with the grands and they all completed their projects, which means I need to figure something out for next week. Here are two of the girls with the book bags they made. On the left, Miss F made the bag for her sister as a surprise. Two out of the four girls in Carrie's family have these bags and Miss A was feeling a little left out. What's a big loving sister to do, but make one for her. She was so surprised and loved it. I was grabbing something for Carrie and didn't see her expression, but hubby said Miss A's eyes were so wide with excitement.
On Friday, I had my quilt group and our leader shared a disappearing nine patch quilt she is making for one of her grands. The fabric is so cute! Loved the way the pattern changed after the square was cut up; so many possibilities with this pattern.
Here is a quilt another gal made for her grandson. I loved it and our youngest grandson loves Moose and so I'm thinking about it for him. Love how the child's handprints become the antlers. We'll see.

I've got my quilt on the wall and just need to get down to the store where I purchased the fabric and get some fabric for the border and some batting. I'm thinking hubby and I might do that today. Both stores are fairly close to one another and it would make for a fun drive this afternoon. The weather is so much cooler here today than last week; ugh. Yesterday was very damp and cold, but the good news is that we are supposed to get upwards of 68 on Thursday. I can't wait. I also learned about a online group called Splendid Sampler that has a free program that started yesterday-you get two 6" block patterns each week, by different quilters(83 of them) and by the end of the year you have a total of 100 quilt blocks to put in a quilt. I found out about this through Pat Sloan's website and also on FB.  I'm not sure if I will do every single block, but what a great way to use up some scraps and practice  your piecing and different techniques. They use traditional piecing, appliqué, EPP and embrodiery. I've shared this with a neighbor here and also my quilting, traveling and old neighbor is doing this too-it's a way to connect until we see face to face. We may even take what we've done to Sisters to work on in the evenings.
I hope you have a productive day!
Blessings~
Noreen

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet thing for your granddaughter to do for her sister. I'm pretty impressed at her abilities and her kind heart. Hope you have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I especially love the moose quilt. It looks as if the face of the moose was made with a shoe print as well as the hand print antlers. Love the sweet sister.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14