Friday, February 26, 2016

Happy Friday

Oh what a beautiful morning it is~sunshine and blue skies have the birds singing away. It's hard to believe it is on the end of February. I've got to say it is much easier to climb out of bed when the mornings look like this. It really makes me want to get outside on a walk, which is what Hunter and I are going to do in about an hour. It is only 43 degrees, but will warm up a bit later. Tomorrow is supposed to get up to 68 degrees-wow is all I can say. Yesterday was a great day, I got three borders on the quilt and my goal, after walking today, is to get the 4th border on and purchase the back fabric so I'm ready to pin this weekend. I'm going to grab at least one daughter and have her help pin-otherwise it would take me several hours to get it done. Once it is pinned, I'm off stitching. I've decided to keep my quilting very simple and will have a design on the border; this should help it go faster than other quilt patterns. You may remember my last quilt, I kept adding more quilting to it-almost felt addicted to it, LOL. I'm sure that it will still take me months, but if I spend several hours a day and also the evenings quilting, it will get done. When it came down to it, I just couldn't have someone machine quilt it-it would take away from my joy in the process. This may not make sense to some of you, but I knew I'd regret it if I didn't quilt it. So if I skip a day here and there with posting, don't give up on me-I'm just working on our new quilt for our bed. This weekend holds no plans other than what I shared above. I will probably go on a nice long walk tomorrow though. Don't think I'm ready for the bike yet.
 Joy to you!
Noreen

4 comments:

  1. I think you made the right choice in the quilting, my friend. And the design on the border will add a nice contrast to the plainer stitching in the blocks themselves. I can't wait to see it finished. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noreen, Your weather temperatures are as bad as ours..up and down . Please show us your quilt when you are finished. Hope Hunter gets to take a walk soon. Blessings for a great weekend, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've inspired me! When we pcs, I'm totally signing up to learn how to quilt.
    Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're catching up cuz it was a beautiful day yesterday! Our mom can only work on projects if it is cold outside. She is fickle like that. Quilt on!

    Keep Calm & Bark on!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14