Monday, January 11, 2016

Snow Fun

Happy Monday to you! We got more snow this last week and on Saturday I ran by one daughter's house to pick up a new book I just got. This is what I saw when I pulled into the driveway-all the kiddos(plus their dad)was out creating a wonderful Igloo. It was huge-about 3' tall and big enough for several to get in. It only took them an hour or so.

So very impressive!  Lots of hard workers in that crew.
On a side note, the book I picked up is called Choose Joy by Sara Frankl and Mary Carver.  It is the story of a young gal who battled a chronic disease that causes horrendous pain~however in the midst of being homebound, she still reaches out and touches lives.  Mary Carver was one of Sara closest friends and each page is filled with her insights while watching Sara live life to the fullest.  It is a new release, but I got it on Amazon.  I do plan on sharing it with others.
Today, I'm off to run errands in a bit and then hope to hit the sewing room.  Yes, I am still trying to finish up my individual blocks so I can begin stitching my rows together.  I also have a block I'm going to do for a quilt for a WWII veteran to receive in April for the Honor Flight.  I also have sewing with the grands this week; I've left the choice of project up to them, so it will be fun to see what they've chosen. It's cold here today, a mere 19 degrees.  I'm so looking forward to visiting Ca. soon so I can enjoy some warmer weather; I'm not thinking it will be much  warmer, but even 40 degrees sounds pleasant.  I hope you had a great weekend and that today will start a joy filled week.
Blessings,
Noreen

10 comments:

  1. Hi Noreen! Looking at your grandchildren's igloo reminds me of the days my children would do the same thing. I remember serving them hot chocolate in their snow house! So much fun for them. (I preferred the warm house!)
    Hope you get some of that sewing done. It's always on the mind when you have a project to do. How thoughtful to put a beautiful piece together for the Honor Flight. Such a great project, and you are making it even more special!
    Have a great afternoon :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noreen, What cute little ones. Please don't forget to show us all your wonderful sewing projects. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice igloo!!

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful igloo, Noreen, and such happy faces, too. Enjoy your reading, and yes, do share your sewing projects.

    Blessings,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool igloo!!! Got any room in there for two snow-starved Siberians?

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photo of the kiddos and the igloo remind me of my own children and hubby creating an igloo in our yard, oh so many years ago. It is so much fun! Kids just don't seem to get as cold as we 'more mature' folks do. Enjoy all of your sewing. I need to buy myself a new machine so I can sew again. Have a blessed week. Oh, and I am planning on buying the book about Sarah, I recall reading so much about her while she was still on this earth, inspirational woman of God! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very impressive igloo indeed! Looks cooold!
    Stay warm Noreen!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my would my grands ever love that igloo! How fun. And the book sounds wonderful! While I don't have an actual disease, between all my arthritis and constant stomach issues it does get pretty discouraging sometimes. I feel like I must constantly complain and it is easy to feel sorry for oneself. This book sounds like a must read for me. I am really anxious to be putting a quilt together but can't seem to make fabric and pattern choices. Can't wait to see yours...Have a good week Noreen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much fun building a snow house, we had one when we were kids that five of us could fit in, and it was dug out of a snowbank - that was a lot of snow! Snow much fun for sure! What a wonderful thing for you to participate in making a quilt block for the Honor Flight! Hope you have a blessed and wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Igloo, looks like fun. Stay safe and warm.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14