Tuesday, July 21, 2015

A Cookout Birthday Party

Happy Tuesday to you all. Last Friday night our family gathered for an outdoor cook-out birthday party. In years past, we have all been camping and celebrated Mr. B's birthday around a campfire. This year, the family couldn't work out times to go camping together, so Mr. B decided to have his party in the next best thing- in their back yard. The weather was wonderful and we were told that the only time we could go inside was to use the bathroom.  Here sil is cooking the hotdogs over their fire pit.
The birthday boys-Mr. B turned 12 and Papa turned 63.
Little ones playing on the trampoline.




Rice Crispie treats and S'Mores for dessert.
Mr. B's haul, he is one happy boy.  After presents and dessert, many played frisbee on the lawn. It was a wonderful celebration and best of all, I didn't need to sleep on a air mattress. 
Today we are supposed to get rain.  Don't know what the afternoon will hold for me. 
Hope your day is filled with smiles.
Noreen

13 comments:

  1. Noreen, That looked like a nice camp out right in the backyard. Those are some happy birthday boys. LOL. Blessings to all, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a great party. Mr. B sure did get quite a haul, and it sounds as if you all had fun together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those out door parties are the best
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun party with family. I miss living so far away from family. Hope your day is filled with smiles too!
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun; outdoors means no kitchen clean up, gotta love that! Thanks for sharing the family festivities, happy birthday to your 'boys". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos . Now that's my kind of Birthday Party outside by the camp fire . Thanks for sharing . Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like such fun! (And that's my idea of camping - LOL.) Hope you all had cooler weather than us!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to be back visiting blogger friends again after being so busy for so long with purging, sorting, a retirement party, and farewell at church. Looks like you have had some parties too! We will head north to visit our daughter and family soon and then return to get the house on the market.....life is always an adventure! So glad you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted you to know we stopped by. Mom's arm is so sore after a shot today that she finds it hard to type.

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you had a perfectly FUN day!!!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mom would love that sort of camping out too:) Look at all the cool LEGO sets - Mr. B. is going to have a lot of fun with those. Happy birthday to him and to your husband.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love outdoor parties, and this kind of camping is the best kind of camping I can think of. Looks like everyone had a wonderful time

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like so much fun, Noreen! You have an awesome family!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14