Monday, May 18, 2015

My Husband Rocks!

Good Morning to you! Last evening after dinner, hubby and I heard something hit the house-I asked him if it was a golf ball, to which he said no. He went out to check and then knocked on the window for me to come see. Behind our couch, there was a baby sparrow; it had apparently flown into our window. It was stunned, so hubby and I moved the couch out so we could put it on the cushions. When he saw us moving things, he started flying and we were glad until.... As he flew away, he just went to our stair railing and then he hoped into our drain spot(reminder to self, get some chicken wire to cover the open down spot). Oh no. We could see him but couldn't reach him. What does a wonderful husband do,but run down under our deck to see if we can hear him. We did, the problem was that the drain goes into the storm/drainage ditch. So hubby ran and got his electric drill and an extension cord. He took the bottom part of the pipe off and then went to the top and dropped the extension cord down it, hoping that the little bird would be in it. Unfortunately, the extension cord dropped but no baby bird came out. I was ready to give up, when out of the black hole of the bottom drainage pipe the little bird flew. We couldn't believe it! I figured he was a goner and that the heavy rains would was him out to the storm pipes. Yeah! We watched him fly to an Italian Cypress and then fly off. I bet the whole experience scared him. My hubby does amazing things in order to save animals; several years ago we saw a calf hoping over a fence and hubby rounded that boy up and herded him back. My man is quite a catch and I'm so glad he's mine!
May your day be filled with smiles, giggles and lots of love!
Noreen

10 comments:

  1. That tells you a lot about his sweet spirit!!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    Remember tomorrow is the Barkers -vs- Slayers soccer game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very kind and loving hubby!!! That baby bird picked the right window to fly into:)

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!! He's definitely a "keeper". :) I'm so glad the bird is OK!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  4. So kind! A couple of days ago, a zebra was loose in our community. The police were able to quite easily catch her; she was friendly and came right up to them. The zebra was one of two that belonged, legally, to a local man. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet story, Noreen. Your hubby sounds like he has a good heart. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet. I too have a kind and gentle husband. You are blessed indeed.
    I hope you have a wonderful day ~ my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This story made me smile! What a sweet guy! Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awesome was that !!!! You husband is amazing, I don't believe my husband would have gone that far......

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14