Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Happy Wednesday from rainy Colorado. Yesterday I headed to Longmont to spend time with my girlfriend from California, Cyndi. This was our last get together before she leaves and probably for another year or two. As you may recall, Cyndi comes out to dog sit for her brother, who breeds and hunts with English Springer Spaniels. He lives on acreage and has a large indoor/outdoor kennel. This year Cyndi only had nine dogs to care for; in the past she has had up to 16. The first year we moved here,I went down and helped her whelp some puppies; this was a first for me and it was crazy but so incredible. This year was easier for Cyndi with only having the nine, plus her hubby came out and stayed a week with her. Cyndi always bring her "little dog", this time was no exception. Her dog is name Pumpkin and is about 10 years old. She does really well with the big dogs, they sniff her but generally leave her alone.

With all the rains we've had, the St.Vrain river flowed over it's bank and up onto the acreage her brother has. Thankfully, her hubby and another neighbor helped put up a fence that had been torn down by the rushing water. It was so fun to spend time with her; I used to spend several nights, but my allergies are always impacted by the dog hair and dust inside.  When we are in Ca. during the summer, our trip will be very short and I doubt I'll be able to see her. 
Well, my dear Hunter is whining for a walk, so think I'll bundle up and take him.
 I hope your week has gone well.
Hugs,
Noreen

8 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice visit with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noreen, So glad you had time with your friend. Sorry you have allergies....I could see the pine pollen coming off our trees in a cloud. I had a laugh about pumpkin...my neighbor used to call his son punkin...reading pumpkin made me think of him. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always nice to spend time with a good friend. We hope you do find more opportunities to visit with Cyndi.

    We had three good days here, but the rains are back again:(

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  4. If she's a dog person then she's our kind of person!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  5. And we hope you both had a wonderful time together!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  6. To me the mark of a true friendship, is that we always pick up right where we left off! It seems you have a true friendship here Noreen!
    Much blessings
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. She sounds like a good friend
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14