Friday, March 20, 2015

Happy Spring

The first day of spring-how wonderful!  I remember being a teen and always being thrilled with Japanese Cherry Trees that were blooming, Daffodils that were springing up as well as Tulips.  I still get excited at these happenings; somehow they make the world brighter.  Daffodils have always been one of my all time favorite flowers, with Tulips coming close.  When hubby and I went on our second date, a drive to the ocean, there were Dafodils growing wild on the side of the road; he stopped and picked me a bouquet-he had my heart then! 
Yesterday was cold for most of the day; in fact, I spent the day being lazy, stitching almost all afternoon and evening.  Today promises of warm sunshine and there will be a walk this morning.  I'm taking a friend out for her birthday lunch and then have to run to buy a shirt for one granddaughter's birthday next week.  I already have other things for her.  I've learned much this week in regard to recovery-namely if you push yourself two days really hard, you will be exhausted for a full day afterwards.  It is difficult to remember that when you feel good and want to be back to your normal activity level.  Hopefully, another couple of weeks will have me there.
I hope your day is filled with touches of spring!
Hugs,
Noreen

13 comments:

  1. Happy Spring to you, Noreen. Enjoy lunch with your friend and shopping for the birthday girl. We are at 34 here and it is rainy....ugh...xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that was such a sweet story Noreen, that you for sharing that picture with us.
    stella rose and momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Spring to you too and glad the weather is fitting today for you as it is here. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Spring to you to ! Our weather is lovely as well and our chipmunk has made an appearance today to so all is good ! Your story was lovely , when I was teen I was on the farm and was as happy for all things spring then as I am now . Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noreen, I too hope you will be yourself soon. It is easy to think we are well and do a bit too much. Hope your weather is warmer. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear friend, I hope you are 100% better soon. Please do take time to heal okay. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Spring to you too sweet friend! I have spent the whole week not being able to do much at all besides move from bed to couch to chair to bed....not fun at all. And not better yet! Made me have new empathy for those in chronic pain and those with debilitating diseases and sicknesses. How fortunate we are to have our health! Have a wonderful week-end, and praying your 100 percent soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy spring, Noreen! You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Spring & Birthday!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Spring! We haven't had sunshine yesterday or today. We just got over three inches of rain, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Spring and Happy Birthday Noreen! I've been away on a little vacation and I just arrived home late last night! I haven't been on facebook or done any blogging for the past 10 days or so! Hoping your birthday was filled with joyful moments and that you made many memories! Blessings to you, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14