Thursday, March 19, 2015

Another Great Read

Happy Thursday to you. Our spring weather has left for a couple of days; I'm thankful because the last two days were filled with activities and I was beat by last night. In fact, I'm looking forward to a low key kind of day. Yesterday afternoon we had our two oldest grandsons over and ended up playing a game of Golf Monopoly. It's been years since I played and the boys are at the age of being sharp competitors; let's just say I took all three guys to the cleaners and gave them a whooping. I had three properties with four houses on it, they had to pay the rent in real estate. They finally gave up, despite the fact that I wasn't charging them the full amount. Of course, this is a once in a lifetime event.
When our family went up to Estes several weekends ago, I found this book at my favorite quilt &gift store. Being that the story took place in Sisters, Oregon I knew I had to get it. It wasn't a quilt story, but one that held my interest and made me want to return there. I wasn't disappointed.
From the author:


















LOVE FINDS YOU IN SISTERS, OREGON

"Hope Bartolli has avoided Sisters for years—both her hometown of Sisters, Oregon, and her two sisters who live there. But when the thirty-two-year-old corporate lawyer returns home to attend her beloved grandmother’s funeral, she’s surprised to learn that she has inherited Nona’s old house, her little dog, Andy, and an unexpected friendship with Nona’s handsome attorney. If she had any hopes of burying the hatchet with her sisters, these “gifts” from Nona aren’t going to help. Hope wants more out of life—but is she willing to take the risks to get it? And can she trust her family to stand by her side?"




I have to say I would have given it away, but instead I put it in the mail to my BFF in Ca. We hope to get up to Sisters in the next year, for their outdoor Quilt show. It is hard to get lodging, even when we have a timeshare up there. I thought this book might wet her appetite.
I hope you have a great day and find something today that will put on a smile on your lips and a song in your heart.
Joy to you!
Noreen

9 comments:

  1. Golf Monopoly sounds interesting! Great that your grandsons are at an age where you can have a good game!
    Cold and drizzly here today. Got some good exercise in with the girls this morning; this afternoon, hubby and I will run a couple errands and go do early voting together.
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review! We are still enjoying the nice weather. Maybe it is here to stay!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one having a family game of monopoly. Sounds like you became a property magnet. Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd LOVE to go to the quilt show in Sisters, but between scrambling to find lodging and the distance to travel, I don't think it'll ever happen. :-( I hope you get to go ... and that you have had a nice, relaxing day today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ever since we visited Oregon I have loved the town name of Sisters. Way to go beating those young'uns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like good times with your grandsons. Way to go on winning! Sounds like a good book. Hope your BFF likes it and that you can get to Sisters at some point. Have a nice evening. Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never been able to get interested in any of her books. I've tried however her books just don't grab my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never heard of Golf Monopoly but may need to check it out to play with my Grandson. And, looks like a very good read. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Golf Monopoly? Bet my golfing hubby would love that.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14