Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Memories of Alaska

Tuesday greetings to you. Yesterday I was able to get the last border on my Alaskan quilt, but unfortunately didn't have the time to square it up as I normally would, before showing it to you. Also when I took this photo today, it looks more out of square than it is. I'm so happy the top is finished, though I must figure out what type of pattern to quilt on it. I'm thinking that where there is tree bark, running stitches in rows going the direction of the wood grain. Don't know what I'll do in the middle of the squares. My bff quilting buddy is arriving today, I'm sure I will pick her brain and figure something out.

Everyone keeps asking what I'll do with this quilt, for now it will keep me warm in the winter and eventually go to one of the grandsons. Since our two oldest already have several quilts, I'm thinking it might go to the youngest. I'm hoping Barb and I will get out to a couple of stores and you never know, I may end up with a new project for the fall. I hope you have a great day, remember a smile can brighten someone's day and make you feel great as well.
I forgot some things at the grocery store yesterday, so headed out again.  Hope you have a fabulous day!
Hugs,
Noreen

7 comments:

  1. You are a beautiful quilter. My brother works at King Salmon Bay for part of the year, he loves Alaska....
    stella rose's momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt. I am sure whoever gets it will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We think the quilt is soooo
    beautiful!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. But wish I could see it better!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your idea for the sashing is perfect! I would opt for some simple quilting in the squares so as to not compete with those gorgeous and memorable fabrics. Beyond that, I'm not certain. Good luck with whatever you decide ... And enjoy your time with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is gorgeous Noreen! Have a good time with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous quilt! Soo different and pretty. I'd love to see it in person as I know now from experience how most pictures do not do them justice. Have a wonderful 4th Noreen!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14