Thursday, July 24, 2014

Happy Anniversary

Fifteen years ago today, our oldest daughter walked up the isle and pledged her life to our son-in-law. What a wondrous day it was, so magical and so filled with love. When we first met her husband to be, I was struck by what a man of God he was; however, he was seven years older than Carrie and truly a man. My girl was young, yet mature for her age. First, Brent built a relationship and friendship with our entire family, then little by little got to know our girl. I had released my daughter to the Lord and asked that He make the way clear. Brent is such an incredible man, son, husband, father; he is more like a son than a son-in-law. When he first met our family, he wasn't sure about this homeschooling thing. Look at him now, they have six children and homeschool. He is such an incredible husband and provider for our daughter; we are so proud of who he has grown to be. We are so proud of their marriage and the testimony they have.

This photo is almost a year and a half old, their youngest girl isn't in it; though Carrie may be pregnant in this photo, it's hard to tell. I can't believe we don't have a photo of the two of them, that will change. They will be celebrating tomorrow night and we will have the grands over. One thing that amazes me is how quickly the years fly by-15 yrs ago. Wow, is all I can say. Our youngest had just graduated from high school. I was heading back into the work force-ugh!
 We are so very blessed by our daughter, her hubby and our grands.
Happy Anniversary Brent and Carrie,  may you have many, many years together and may the Lord continue to bless you!
We love you!
Mom and Dad

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute to your son in law, and it sounds like when he married your daughter, you truly gained a son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a great post. You are blessed.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure got a keeper there. I think its wonderful how it all worked out for them. Great post for the both of them and their lives together. Awesome family photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pass on my congratulations to them, Noreen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessed indeed and for all the wants and needs in life if you have each other you have strength in numbers. Trust and love are God's gift and so pleased they have been blessed.
    Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful family they have and Happy Anniversary to Carrie and Brent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was beautiful Noreen! I am sure he treasures you and your husband just as much as you treasure him!
    Happy Anniversary to them both. Our oldest just celebrated their 12th and I too have marveled at how quickly the years have passed!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to them! What a great blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14