Friday, March 21, 2014

Spring

 Happy Friday Friends.    Yesterday was the first day of spring; such a glorious day it was!  As I mentioned, my day was full with activities that made me smile-a walk with a good friend, a lunch out with ladies from church and of course  babysitting grands. Don't these Tulips just scream spring!  Love them and would love to see them in my yard; even though we are seeing plants at the nurseries, it would be a waste of money to plant them already-we've got lots more snow in the next month or so.
             
In the afternoon hubby and I went to the furniture store to pick up the night stands we ordered.   
So we got the two boxes home from the furniture store and opened them; you aren't going to believe this-when we ordered them, the one we had found matched the antique dresser so well. Hubby did ask if we could buy the floor sample and they said no. There was also a tag on it to say that the stains on wood vary and you can't expect them to match perfectly.  Hummm.  I am sorry to say, the two we got are darker brown.  Not to worry though, because we will just just them in family room for end tables-which is probably what they should be for anyway.  Today, we are heading to a more upscale, expensive store that is known for its quality and locally built furniture.  We will take along our sample and see if we can find something there.  I'm hoping we do.  This has been the only hiccup so far; if this is as bad as it gets, then I'm fine with it. I don't have an issue with mixing the tones of the wood(medium and dark)-if they are all brown, but hubby wants it to look really nice.  We'll see.  This afternoon I get to spend time with the other grands-one of my favorite things to do. 
Tomorrow we have snow in the forecast and I see more packing in the kitchen. We won't be moving until the beginning of May, but want most of it done before our vacation.
Have a wonderful Friday and a fun weekend.
Blessings,
Noreen

6 comments:

  1. Sorry the end tables weren't the color you expected - but glad you have a place for them! Hope you find just the right ones to use as nightstands!
    More snow? Please keep it on your side of the state line. ;)
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad about the tables....hope that they work out beautifully for their new purpose and that your shopping trip yields good results. "The other grands" made me smile. Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May will be here before you know it ... and since packing is an unpleasant task, best to start early and do a little at a time.

    Sure hope you find the pieces you are looking for ... I've been there ... searching for the "perfect" match. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry the end tables didn't work where you wanted, good luck with matching them, Snow or freezing rain is predicted for us next week, maybe spring will makes her final appearance soon, I am so ready and I know you are too. Enjoy your weekend.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a perfect day! Hope you found something you liked at the next store. I like woods to match but I also like an eclectic look. I think I need to pretend we are moving so I can get motivated to clean things out!!! Hope your weekend is going well.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those tulips and the blue sky stopped me in my tracks. Glorious!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14