Friday, March 14, 2014

Happy Friday to you! We are still enjoying sunny days that are a bit cool. It has made getting outside so nice! Tomorrow snow is supposed to hit again and then one day next week. If it just happens and melts right away, I'm good with it; I think I'm just ready for vacation in a warm place. The photo below was taken last winter.

One of the blessings of winter in Colorado is that Bald Eagles winter here. Each year we have been blessed to see many nesting eagles; for some reason this year we haven't seen the normal amount. We have gotten used to seeing them on the golf course, nesting in the big trees and all around our area. I won't say it has become commonplace, but it is something you expect. We've seen two at the most this year and I can't really put my finger on why the numbers have been so low. We always take visitors to the nearby areas that generally host a pair of eagles; glad we haven't had any winter visitors this year. This winter, we are told, is more like a typical northern Colorado winter; the first "normal" one we've experienced in almost seven years. The joy about harsh winters is that it makes you so thankful for spring. I'm so ready for spring, but as I keep reminding myself we have another two months before we can plant flowers and not loose them to weather. After walking today, hubby and I will be heading to a Home Show; it is a very small one and it's free-yippee! We are going to be checking out some companies for DSL and high speed fiber-optics. We don't need to do anything to our new home but want to check out the different services. One year, we went down to Denver for their huge show-which was more like what we had in California. Tonight, the ladies fellowship has a bunco game-should be lots of fun. Tomorrow we have 9 grands coming over in the morning, first thing, while parents run to a used book sale; they do this every year to try to find text books for next year. Also, Lily will be here for the weekend so Hunter will be in dog-heaven.
 I hope you have a great day today and a fantastic weekend.
Joy to you~

11 comments:

  1. Good morning! We have been having some truly beautiful weather here too, though as you know we really didn't have much of a winter at all. I know this is going to add to our drought conditions, and it will bring corresponding problems. But for now, it is soo nice. Your week-end sounds good...ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am counting the seconds until spring. It has been unusually cold the past 4.5 months and we got 10% more snow (and we got about 290 cm so far).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Paddy Day images. We so hope that a miracle happens and Springs bursts forth asap. We at last have warm sunny days and wow no rain. We will blow some sun your way. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful photo, our winter has been extremely cold even for us, our temps. are like yours up one day down the next. We are working to get our gardens ready for planting much more, which won't be for a few weeks. Sounds like a wonderful weekend you have planned, i enjoy home shows too,I get so many new ideas, but grandkids are the best enjoyment ever! ~smile~ Even Hunter gets to have fun with lily! Enjoy, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave me such a sweet note.
    Blessings, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. When we lived in NE Calif near Lake Tahoe we saw Eagles regularly, not so here in AZ! They are beautiful!! Enjoy your beautiful weather and a relaxing weekend! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those bald Eagles,, their just magnificent!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  7. We finally had a nice day here but not sure what tomorrow will bring. Hope you have a great weekend-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like everyone else, am so ready for spring, we have had some days in the 70's but then it drops to freezing again or we have snow etc. Kind of unusual for us. I have now done any planting yet but hope to soon. Love the photo of the bald eagle, absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh mercy, my weather is good for an Eskimo...cold, windy, rainy, sleety but no snow. although, we're to get snow later tonight. mercy, I'm so tired of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, it is a wait until we have consistently warm weather but I adore the wildness of spring here. Snow, wind, sun, mud, ... and repeat!!! All the while, I am reveling in every tiny sign of spring. Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photo. Hope you enjoyed your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14