Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Childhood Fun

As I mentioned yesterday, on Saturday the kids all went to the Mountain store in Estes that has a rock wall. If you are at all squeamish about heights, you may want to leave now, I'll understand. There are many activities the grands could do that I'd flinch at, but this isn't one of them; I love rock climbing! I'm going to let the photos speak for themselves.

This photo below, is Miss A, who is just three years old; I believe it was her first climb.


Below is an overhang-an obstacle that I really disliked when I used to climb. Of course, there weren't climbing walls when I was young-just rocks.
Pretty amazing.
It is hard to tell on the photo below, but the wall actually protruding out at an angle so you need to really lean back.  This wall was the second most difficult in the gym-our boy just flew up it.

We all had so much fun together; I loved watching my grands climb, so proud of all of them and they all had a great time.
Here in our town, we have one small wall; I think the kiddos have already outgrown it. Above, it our oldest grandson-almost a teenager. He excels at this sport, is built perfectly for it and just scales up the wall.  My family and friends used to say I climbed like a mountain goat; I can say the same about him.
We are off to Trader Jo*s this morning; I hope you have a great day!  Remember scale those mountains in your life.
Seize The Day!
Noreen

14 comments:

  1. What fun the kids must have had! My grands would have been climbing all over that rock wall!!!
    Stay warm. It is almost Spring!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure looks like fun if you have a head for heights. Have a terrific Tuesday and stay warm.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks soo fun for them. Not sure if we have such things around here. I am sure we probably do. The grands would love it! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What??? You didn't get up there with them??

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photos , looks like fun ! I see your blog is decked out for St Patty's day ! Thanks for sharing ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun post. I used to love to climb when I was a kid, too. Trees mostly! Glad your kids had fun- xoDiana

    ReplyDelete
  7. That does look like fun! I loved climbing everything when I was a kid - but back in the dinosaur days, we didn't have rock walls. :)
    Hoping for a warm up within a couple days. I'm so ready for Spring!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh! Why didn't they have stuff like that when we were kids? I would have been there all the time.
    That 3 year old did pretty good for the first time out.
    My kids could scale the kitchen cabinets faster than I could grab one and put another down. The cookies where in the upper cabinet. Gave them incentive. ;) Have a fun evening!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woweeee,, I wonder if I can do that?
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds as though you all had an amazing weekend. Those kids will have wonderful memories as they grow. I love how you have encouraged them all to be active and not sit in front of a TV all weekend - Hurray for your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a treat to see such great activity. Too many children are not introduced to these things. Kudos to your children and grands.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I will be content to climb those rock walls via your grands, Noreen! *lol* But thank you for your encouragement to scale the "mountains" of our life's situations. I've got some going on in my life & I'm climbing.... with the Lord's help!!

    Love ya~ Andrea
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14