Wednesday, January 8, 2014

To The High Places

Good Morning Friends~It is outdoor Wednesday and although I hoped to have some good photos ready, hubby and I are outside playing in the snow.  We are up in Estes Park and hope to get some snowshoeing in, if it isn't too frigid out.  Last spring hubby found some snowshoes at a garage sale-what a deal he got!   Normally we head up there with our entire family, but I've been itching to get up there, so we took a drive.  Tomorrow, I'm also hoping to share the road going up-Hi.34.  You may remember that I posted pics from Hi. 36 back in November, to show the devastation from the Sept. floods. 
For those who live in the east-please stay safe!  I guess on Monday there was a driving ban, except for emergencies in some states.  All I know is that while I love the snow and its beauty, I don't enjoy the negative numbers and wind chill.
I hope you are having a great week so far.
Blessings,
Noreen

11 comments:

  1. I absolutely love snow, but I simply cannot tolerate the cold (even temps in the 30s). As much as I'd like to live somewhere warm year 'round, I would definitely miss the snow. Enjoy your time in Estes Park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to seeing your Winter Wonderland tomorrow. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful our FRIGID below zero temps only lasted 2 days. I'm curious how repairs have gone. I know they wanted to get certain roads to a certain point of repair before winter set in but I can't imagine how that could be done. I'm sure you are immersed in beauty up there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun, Noreen. It is so cold here we are INSIDE. It is supposed to warm up this weekend but so far the schools are still closed this week- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun! Be safe! And Stay warm!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been to Estes Park since the 70's, so beautiful there. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun day you have planned ! I like the snow to and walking when it is sunny and mild but these frigid temps we have been having is nuts . Warming up by the weekend with rain. Come on spring lol ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  8. We got snow today! So now our pawrents are gonna leave us and go skiing tomorrow. rats!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its good to see you enjoy mother natures,,, her gifts to us,
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like snow too and enjoy the beauty minus the freezing. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14