Friday, January 17, 2014

Happy Friday Friends, Well wouldn't you know it-last night our friends arrived and we got so caught up talking and finishing dinner, that I totally forgot to take pictures of it all. It was really good and I would definitely make the beef dish again; hubby likes thicker gravy, so I would add more cornstarch to thicken it. We have enough mashed potatoes left over to make Potato Pancakes-guess we will have leftovers tonight. The mouse was good, I did remember to snap this thankfully.

It was light and heavenly; not too much chocolate though. After dinner and dessert we played Shanghai and our friends pretty much kicked our ____________'s. But the last hand found me going from last place to tied for first-yes! Love it when a plan comes together; if you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you. Our friends left around 9:00-they had an hour drive, so hubby and I got the kitchen all cleaned up and dishes put away. Hunter and I are going walking now and then hubby and I will work on the basement-making it easier to pack and stack boxes. Hope you have an incredible weekend!
Noreen

13 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had a good time! Pooh on the photos, though, LOL. Make it again soon!
    Good luck on the basement! Once you get the storage area(s) organized, its easier to deal with the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Pix, well that means you too (the cook) had a good time. Result! Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you had a nice evening and supper ! Oh that mousse looks YUMMY ! Thanks for sharing . Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a good time with your friends, Noreen. Dinner sounds like it was wonderful, too! Hope you had a good walk and have a great weekend yourself. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad it was an enjoyable and delicious evening! I hope your weekend is fun too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Much better to enjoy friends than to take photos. (thats my excuse when I forget to take photos) Hope you are having a great weekend..you gonna be watching the game?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad to hear you had an enjoyable evening with your friends Noreen! I am sure that the next several weeks will be busy for you...packing and all. Hugs to both you and Hunter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That mousse certainly looks yummy! I love a good chocolate mousse, and yours sounds perfect.

    Hope you had a fabulous Friday ... and are having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to hang around awhile & catch up on all your doings. No doubt today you're cheering the Broncs?!!

    I confess I got a good laugh when I read this: "The mouse was good, ... ". I've never had mouse, but I mousse is one of my favs :D

    Hugs,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love eating and playing cards with friends....Sounds like you had wonderful fellowship and delicious food.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a fabulous evening and great food with your friends.

    I have to admit that I missed where you are moving to. Can you point me to the right post? I tried to find it, with no success. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14