Thursday, November 14, 2013

An Early Christmas Present

Good Morning Friends~It is Thankful Thursday and I've just got to brag on my man a bit and say how very thankful I am for him! Last August, hubby and I joined some friends for a bike ride in Estes Park; after our ride, we went out to lunch and then shopped along Main Street. At the time, we went into one store that I love and happened to see antique Dough Bowls that were priced so reasonably. I really wanted to get one; you see I've fallen in love with their look; I've got a dear friend in Ca. that has one and I have seen them around blogland. Anytime that is an antique grabs my heart. So at the time we were in Estes my sweet hubby told me to get one if I wanted it; I declined because the one I saw was pretty big and I knew I'd have to carry it while riding my bike. Big mistake, should have gotten it then! So all these months later, I've still been pining over them and couldn't wait to get back up to the mountains to see if it was still there. The store had about six of them, from Hungary, when we initially saw them. So this last Sunday when we drove up, hubby planned that we would go back to the store and check to see if they still had it. Sadly, the one I loved was gone but they had three left. Here is the one I came home with.
 
You can't tell but there are some distinct marks on this that makes it even nicer. This is my early Christmas present; now I have to figure out what types of items to put in it for the holidays. I'm thinking Pine Cones; I'm also watching blogs to see what others do with theirs. It may just end up empty, showing the beautiful hand work. If you have one or have ideas, let me know.
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa
A huge Thank You to my man! You're the best. Love you babe.

 I hope you have a wonderful day; mine is crammed with errands etc. Don't forget to have a thankful heart today!
Noreen

13 comments:

  1. Oh our mom loves those bowls also...it looks great on your table!!
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Noreen. I could see a beautiful Thanksgiving centerpiece by filling the bottom with dried corn and beans in assorted colors and then standing an assortment of white votives and small candles in the beans. I did something similar last year, but not in such a unique container!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bowl~
    If my husband said buy" I wouldn't ask questions I would just buy..LOL glad you got it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! Love everything on your table, runner, pumpkins and of course the dough bowl.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Did you have any trouble getting to Estes Park given the flooding/road damage that occurred?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a gorgeous dough bowl, Noreen. I can see why you made the trip back to get it. I would love one! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, are you supposed to put dough in it? BOL! It is quite nice so it will be interesting to see what you decide!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your dough bowl, Noreen, what a sweet, thoughtful husband! Enjoy!
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that is lovely . Pine cones and pine tree branches would look nice or add a birch log as well . I am sure you will come up with something lol ! Thanks for sharing . Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet, sweet thing your hubby did! I can't wait to see how you decorate with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. First, my niece and her hubby absolutely LOVE Estes Park and even Zachary Nathaniel Estes!! I would love to visit there someday. And, I LOVE the bowl, they are such nice additions to any dining/kitchen area, someday :) You have a super kind hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love it! What a sweet guy! My mom had a similar one and she always kept nuts ~ ones in their shells ~ in it...it was perfect! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love your new bowl Noreen! So many things you could put in it! Have you tried Pinterest for ideas? Lots of good ones there! Happy Day to you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14