Friday, October 11, 2013

Happy Friday to you!  When my brother and sil were here, he asked me if I recorded each winter's weather to compare this coming years pattern.  I told him that hubby and I have been told repeatedly that since we moved here six years ago, we haven't experienced a normal winter.  I can recall the first two years and the last two years but don't remember the in-between years.  Now, I've decided that this is something I should do.  Even if I only write down what each week is like, it will give us a good picture of the months and how bad the snow levels were or how dry our winter was.  As of today, I hope to begin journaling our weekly weather.  I am hoping that this year will be dry, like the last two years, but one never knows.  Seven years ago, maybe eight, Colorado had four blizzards in a row that stranded our neighbors-I am glad we've never experienced this. 
What about you?  Do you keep a journal of weather-be it rain, wind, snow, hail etc.?  I can tell you that in five years, we've gotten two new roofs-due to the tornado(2008) and the hail storm in Sept. this year.
I'm somewhat excited about this; I love keeping track of how much I was riding this summer-I really need to get back to riding before the snow starts.
Have a great day and a fantastic weekend!
Noreen

7 comments:

  1. I have always kept an eye on the seasons and how they change for it has affected our nature like it has this year , I was raised on a farm so keeping and eye on the weather and climate is in my blood lol . Our winters have warmed and have less snow then past years and the snow doesn't start to fly till January where in the past snow would fly in November ! It should be interesting and fun for you . Thanks for sharing . Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I frequently look back on my blog and check what was happening in pervious years on the same date....
    Hugs to Hunter from Max & Mia..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do journal of how our weather is, one reason I put it at the beginning of each post, so I can compare and keep the record. You too will enjoy this!
    Enjoy your day!
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband is a weather geek~ He actually has some of the programs that meteorologist use .. he has charts and compares each year.. we got two computers side by side when a storm comes through.. he is just crazy about weather patterns...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Noreen. You have been busy too! I am catching up here. I think we are in for a very cold winter, with lots of snow in our local mountains.
    Hope you are well!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely a weather geek but have never thought about tracking the weather. I think maybe I need to start that, too.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My blog gives me some insight into the weather over the past 5 years. But, I don't explicitly track it.

    I guess you weren't here in 2003! We got 7' of snow in 48 hours. That was incredible. It was actually fun because it was so ridiculous. We couldn't find our SUV's under the snow :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14