Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Meeting Bentley

 
Posted by Picasa
Our dear friends, Dick and Rita, lost their dear old Cairn in November. They are snowbirds and decided to wait to get a puppy until this spring when they were back home. I got a text yesterday showing their new puppy, Bentley, an 8 week old Cairn Terrier; they had picked him up out of state and were back at home. Of course, Hunter wanted him to come over right away-he was so excited to meet a new friend, especially one that will be his size. Here he is; isn't he just adorable.
 
Posted by Picasa
Bentley may be small but boy is he fast! Trying to get good photos of him playing with Hunter was just about impossible. He has a typical little Terrier personality and was raised around dogs of all sizes, so didn't hesitate to get in and play with Hunter. Hunter was so taken by him and we can tell they will have a great time together; we also plan to exchange dog sitting and have lots of play dates.
 
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa
I think he is just so flippin cute!!!! When I was in high school, my sister bought me a Cairn(we were told it was pure bred but it was a mix); Aristotle was the best possible dog for me and so any Cairn has a special place in my heart.
 
Posted by Picasa
After play time was over, Dick and Rita and their new boy headed for home. I had to get one shot of Rita with him; both of them are over the moon about this new little guy. We all are-what can I say.

This brought some sunshine into our lives, in spite of the fact that all of us are still heartbroken about Oklahoma.  Thoughts and prayers continue to go up for everyone.
Hugs,  Noreen & Hunter

15 comments:

  1. OMD, that puppy is so cute!! What fun for Hunter to play with some pup his own size.
    Big praise, we found a house!!! now I can begin to make travel arrangements for the girlz and me. The house is only 2 blocks from R's work and even has two mango trees in the shady backyard. God is so awesome and he's always in the details.
    Thank you for your prayers.
    HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry they lost their dog! That is such a sad thing to go through. But puppies heal a lot of hurt. And cairn terriers are the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie!! Hunter looks soooo excited...

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is darling!!! Terriers are so full of life. I know, I have one!!!
    My mind is very much on Oklahoma too. I had a lot of kin there. So very sad for their loss.
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My what a cutie. FUN for Hunter. Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh glory....how adorable. Now I know what our Molly may have looked like as a pup. We adopted her at 1 year. The people who took her in at 4 weeks or so thought she was going to be this breed...she was so tiny when rescued and no one saw any other pups or parents. Well she wasn't and grew to be much bigger than this breed and was more than they wanted so WE GOT HER! But I've always wondered what she looked like as a pup. I wish we had another dog that Molly could play with. Our daughters big giant is definitely a watch dog and really wants little to do with Molly. lol....drives Molly crazy. She wants to play and Maddie just GROWLS and GLARES before lumbering off. hehehe....cracks me up. But the rare times Maddie will play they are hysterical. Dogs are such a joy in life. Hope you have a great holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bentley is a cutie! Hunter will have tons of fun with him!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hunter looks like he had tons of fun.. Love it..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing like a little puppy to bring out the smiles and make us all happy! Bentley is a cutie pie and we bet he and Hunter will have some great fun together.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! Bentley is very cute!! Hunter will have a blast playing with him!! The breeder who I got Chloe from also raised Cairns...she was addicted to both bichons and cairns!! What a wonderful woman!! She isn't breeding anymore as she said the older she got, she just couldn't handle it anymore...and she had a disabled daughter at home to care for. We still stay in touch and that was eight years ago. I bet your friends are over the moon!! Blessings to you Noreen...hugs to Hunter. xo Jeanne, Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute cute cutie! Oh Hunter my pal you are going to have so fun fun times ahead.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  12. We a sweetie! I think he's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet puppy. Yes, our little furry friends always help us smile.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bentley is a lovely sweet puppy - he will bring happy days ahead for your friends. Have a good weekend - woofs and licks from Magic xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14