Friday, February 15, 2013

The Finale

Steamboat Springs grand finale was a town parade, featuring 100 different groups. I think the highlight though was the flash mob-so very fun to watch. I have to confess we didn't recognize the song but apparently those participating in it had been practicing for many months.
 
Posted by Picasa
A high school marching band on skis.
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa
This was a Flash Mob that half of the town participated in; I hadn't seen one before and it was such fun! Folks of all ages, young and old, were dancing in the street(sounds like a Motown Record doesn't it?!) I had hoped to post a video of the dance but we are having technical difficulties. 
 
Posted by Picasa
Loved seeing the Bernese Mountain Dog Club!
I've had a full day so far~tea with friends first thing and then came home and headed south to meet a friend for lunch.  This is a friend from almost thirty years ago that we reconnected with two years ago.  It was great for the gal and I to get together by ourselves and chat about our current season of life.
I hope you have a wonderful Friday and have a great weekend.  
Blessings to you! Noreen & Hunter

9 comments:

  1. Love love those dogs. I have a very good friend named Buddy who would have fit in nicely with his brothers.
    Blessings,
    goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fun! Love the pretty horses!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is the breed of our teacher's dog named Vinny. He is a big friendly fellow. We would love a flash mob - how fun!

    We have our CGC test 2 weeks from yesterday so we are really practicing hard. Today we went back to PetSmart and did down-stay by the cash registers. Lots of distractions there! We will have a practice test on this next Thursday.

    Mom decided she needed more exercise so she and dad are starting to cross country ski. The bad thing is we can't go with them due to our snowball troubles. At least tomorow it will be 40 degrees. Now if only we can get rid of this bad air (again). Think spring!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for winter carnivals. And tea with good friends. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so enjoyed your sharing of your fun trip.....I bet you will be going again.....

    Love the pictures and especially the one of the horses.....

    Have a great weekend....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Bernese Mountain Dogs are beautiful!! The finale sure looked like a lot of fun! I sure am hoping to get away...we are all in need of some sunshine and warmth...and something that doesn't involve scraping and paint!! Hugs to both you and Hunter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love Bernies. What a wonderful day you had ... so nice to have some time with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this great event with me - I like the horses very much - hope the small pony is well after this hard work ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My first and only flash mob that I've seen was on YouTube ( a friend emailed it to me ) and it was so cool I put it up on my blog. I bet it would be even better to see one in person. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14