Monday, September 10, 2012

More Quilts

Good Morning Friends~I hope you had a wonderful weekend! We had a good one and I am so glad to have these two quilts completed. Yesterday, I took the baby quilt over to our girl's house so she could have it for the hospital. She is due any day but I'm hoping she can wait until she is over her bronchitis; she ended up in the ER on Friday evening because of she has having a hard time breathing and didn't want to take any chances. Thankfully, she was sent home with antibiotics. She was without a voice all weekend but today feels more like herself;I will say she is very anxious to have her little guy but I keep saying that she needs to get her strength back before she goes into labor.
She was thrilled with the quilt-which always makes this mama happy.
Hard to tell but I outlined all the figures in the center squares.    In fact, the quilting on the borders is a bit difficult to see as well.  Any of you quilters out there who also happen to be good photographers, please share some tips with me.  I had my Nikon on the setting for close ups but still had a hard time getting the quilting.  I'm such a novice when it comes to photography, as you all know, I can use all the tips and help I can get.
This is a wall hanging I started when we moved here; I put it away when we moved into our current home and just recently pulled it out.  All I had to do was put the binding on so I did that yesterday.  I have two other purple wall hangings that go with this; this reminds me of California Wine Country.

Again, the quilting is hard to see but I have this in all the white squares.  I did use a template on these circles and disappearing ink.  I am very happy with the way this turned out; now that it is done I can get out my next project and begin working on that.  I will say it was such fun last night to sit and watch our Broncos play a good football game while hand stitching.
May your day be filled with beauty and creativity in all areas of your life.
Hugs, Noreen 

9 comments:

  1. Good morning! I LOVE the quilts. The new baby one is just adorable Noreen, of course she was thrilled with it. I will pray she gathers her strength quickly for the job that lays ahead of her. Thank goodness she is feeling better. How exciting...it's almost baby time! Hope you have a good day! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts! That's something that I could never do, though I love seeing other people's beautiful work.

    Thanks for the encouragement as I try to get back into blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Afternoon! I love the quilts. So many hours of love and talent put into each one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work!! Mom likes piecing but not the actual quilting so much. Hunter will have fun quilts to cuddle in this winter!

    Your friends,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful!!!! Everything...but I love that first one. I hope you daughter recovers quickly and before the baby is born- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of these quilts....love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love the fabric in the baby quilt. I long for the day when I have time to quilt again. Have a good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sorry Noreen but I didn't read your blog. I wish I could!! I would love to hear about your quilts!!! Too much eye strain.
    I wanted to come and say HI to you and Ranger, is the name right?? I am getting very forgetful!! I miss my friends so much!!! I miss coming to the blogs!!! I miss you!!
    Thanks for your visit to my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those quiltses are just so full of beautifuls!! Me and mommy admire your work!
    Cotton

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14