Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Happy Tuesday to you!  I wanted to share the first, of twelve blocks, I made yesterday  for my new quilt. I love how scrappy this will look; the colors look more soft here but they are actually warm autumn colors.  I am going to work on more squares today; we have the perfect weather for it.
When I got ready to walk this morning, I checked our temperature gauge and it read 49 degrees; fall is definitely here. Each night on the news they show photos of the high country and how the colors are changing; oh my it is beautiful!  I heard that there are heavy rains on the east coast, hopefully it will help the parched land. Just as the land needs the rain, so we need love too to grow and thrive.  May you be blessed with love today.
Hugs, Noreen

8 comments:

  1. Your block looks wonderful. I am just getting into quilting myself. I love your blog and have just become your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be-U-Tea-ful!!! Have a wonderful day!

    Your friends,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your scrappy block!!!! So envious of your Fall weather!!! Still awful here!!!
    Soon, I hope...soon.....
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt square the the fall colors. We are having a rainy day also and it is wonderful! Wishing you a delightful afternoon! Mildred

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is going to be lovely...I hope to one day make a quilt myself...blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your block is beautiful.. I have wanted to learn how to make quilts for a long time. My husband bought me a brand new computerized sewing machine 3 years ago and it's never been set up because he's been going through back surgery every 2 years and we haven't been able to get our guest room cleaned out so I can set up a sewing room. Ah, hopefully one day.. As for the weather, I sure wish I had your temps.. In the south we're still hot and humid :(
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your quilt, and you will enjoy the warmth soon. It has been in the high 30's here each morning. And, yes, the colors are fabulous. I'm surprised after the drought.

    Enjoy Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That block is absolutely gorgeous! I love it!

    We left the east coast a day early so we could be far enough west to avoid having to drive through the bad weather ... we got some rain yesterday morning but nothing heavy. Glad we missed the worst of it.

    It was 45 here this morning ... brrrr! I opened all the doors and windows when we got home yesterday, but I had to shut them all not long after as it got too chilly inside for my comfort. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14