Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Boulder Hopping

Our oldest granddaughter, Miss S, age seven has been taking rock climbing lessons this summer. They are held at our recreation center on an indoor climbing wall. Last night was the last lesson and they began with what is known as Boulder Hopping. Miss S does like to get somewhat high on the wall; she has mastered this skill.



This is a free hang-I can't remember what the technical term is but you get the idea.  The teachers time the kids to see how long they can hang-usually it is between a minute and two minutes.  I think know the boys have an added advantage in this skill.
It is so fun to see our grands rock climbing because when I was in college, I loved it.   I was so skinny and small, I could just fly up the rocks; of course at that point there wasn't any such thing as a climbing wall.  Heights have never been an issue for me, except two years ago when we were painting the outside of our house and I got vertigo-you couldn't get me up a ladder.
I hope you have a wonderful day today and try something you haven't done before-maybe a latte or mocha or sushi.  Just kidding.
Sending laughter your way!
Noreen

8 comments:

  1. Great rock skills. And I think I will try something new today.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fun...just wish I wasn't afraid of heights!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mercy! Look at her go! I could NEVER do that. I was a spring board diver in school. I also did a little platform. Now I hate heights!!! Go figure!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool and fun thing to do and she looks like she has definitely mastered the skill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun to see the kids doing something like that. So much better than playing video games, huh? Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom says she'd rather watch than participate but me and Stanley will try it!

    Your friends,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sister did rock climbing last year in a school camp and the wall was SO TALL (according to her) and she got halfway up but she said rock climbing are fun!:)
    Cotton

    ReplyDelete
  8. My oldest granddaughter LOVES to climb the rock walls ... she's such a free spirit daredevil. Of course, it'll be a while now before she can climb the rock walls with her foot injury. :-(

    I, on the other hand, hate, hate, hate heights so there will be no rock wall climbing for me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14