Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tuesday Travels

Hi all~I can't believe it is already mid-afternoon and I'm just now sitting down to blog.  This morning Hunter and I joined our friends at the doggy park for some play/off leash time before our walk.  Thankfully, no other dogs were there so I didn't need to worry about Hunter being intimidated by big dogs.  Shortly afterward, hubby and I went to watch one set of grands at their swimming lessons; it was fun to see the strengths of different strokes with our two oldest grandsons.  We came home, got drinks, camera & lenses and Hunter and took off for the high places.  You know how it makes me heart soar to be up in the Rockies and today was no different.  I think hubby took me up there because he spent the last four days golfing and I made a comment about wanting some time with him.  Hunter has never been up there before and seemed to do fine; of course there were times when I had to strongly suggest "walk on" because there was so much pee-mail. Not only from other dogs, but I'm sure from deer, elk and maybe even bighorn sheep.  We walked the river path in town and then hit Safe*ay for lunch goodies which we ate along side the road in the Park.  Our pup is tired out now, he is sleeping soundly on the couch next to hubby.
Tonight we'll be watching more Olympics and cheering on our team.  I also have a couple of other favorite teams-Ireland and South Africa, because I have two good friends that are from this country.
Hope you are having a good week so far; it is hard to believe tomorrow ushers in August-oh my!
Hugs, Noreen & one tired Hunter 

10 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo I bet Hunter just loved walking in the woods and along the river. If MOM ever takes me back up to Estes Park we will have to meet up. I may be a big dog. But I know how to greet little ones. I can show him that not all big dogs are block heads.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a fun trip up there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you were up there in that beauty and didn't leave us a single photo!!!! For shame!!!
    ; ) Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a little dog that thinks he's a big dog...he is absolutley fearless, fortunately the big dogs are usually not impressed by his show...but it makes me a bit nervous. Would love to see the Rockies some day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful trip!

    To reply to your comment about grooming, it can be very frustrating with Bichons, I try and keep Betty going to the groomer at least every 4 weeks and I try and brush her every couple of days but knots can be impossible to avoid. The only advice I have is keep up with grooming or else it can get really bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful and full day! I loved my one trip to the Rockies! I rock climbed there, and absolutely loved every second of hiking etc...! What a joy for you to be able to spend the day there!

    Love and hugs to you!
    Beck

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had an absolutely wonderful trip up there! WHAT? No pictures though?

    I hope you are having a wonderful, wonderful week-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. First off, let me apologize Noreen! Internet has been a problem and I had started an email and it got wiped out! So...I have to agree with KSO about the mats. I have found it to be pretty muchimpossible to go more than about eight weeks before I really have a problem on my hands! Chloe has thinner hair than LadyBug and LadyBug has a HUGE problem with mats that can only be handled professionally. Sorry I cannot be more help...but I even bought the professional Andis clippers and I just can't get through LadyBug's without a real problem! Best of luck and it sure sounds like Hunter is getting lots of outings! Xo Jeanne, Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  9. We never made it up into the mountains while there. By the time Friday came we were all POOPED and stayed around my brothers to watch the Olympics. It was so hard to leave the cooler weather out there. The drought/heat wave is so horrible here....I'm looking forward to flying out for a visit. Hopefully Steph and I can get up in the mountains then. We stopped at an intersection in Fort Collins by a dog park....it was filled with lots of big dogs running and playing. It was so fun to watch but I'm not sure what our scaredy cat Molly would do with that. She would love to play but I'm pretty sure she would be scared by dogs running free. Maybe on one visit it will work for us to connect. For now we are consumed with watching the Olympics as well. Its a FUN but tiring two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've mentioned it before, but I'll mention it again ... I enjoyed Estes Park and RMNP much more than I thought I would. The mountains are so majestic ... breath-taking. I wouldn't mind going back ... although DH would prefer to go a little more to the south, to the Colorado Springs area. One of these days. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14