Monday, July 2, 2012

From my bookshelf

It always surprises me that during the spring and early summer, I don't read too much; it surprises me because I love to read, especially at night.  I guess with the nice weather, I am much more active and thus tired by the evenings.  I did get this book this week and wasn't disappointed by Shelley's writing; again I find her an excellent author.  The Search is her second book in the series, The Secrets of Crittenden County.  This series is set in Marion, Kentucky(one of my all time favorite states) and is a suspenseful story about a murder of a young Amish man and the detective who is sent in to investigate it.  I especially appreciate the honesty behind the authors stories and the portrayal of the pull that the Amish face with outsiders.  It was a great book and I will be looking for the third in the series, Found.  I would recommend that you put this book on your reading  list.
Happy Monday to you. 
Noreen & Hunter

7 comments:

  1. I love a good book recommendation! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good morning! This sounds like a good book. I love the books about the Amish too. I have thought about you so much hearing about all the fires. How scary and awful for all those people. Might take me a while to catch up...having all the grands over for a sleep over in a tent sounds like fun...I "might" try that too, haha. Have a good day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great book, Noreen- I am a reader, too. I just finished The Lifeboat- a really good read- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must look for this book. I love to read in summer, more than any other time! Have a happy day!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Noreen!
    Thanks so much for stopping by Bee Haven Acres!!
    Love your little Hunter!! And thanks for the addition to my reading list....which is incredibly long. I only wish I had the time to get through the list!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom and Dad read a lot too ! I might read after I learn English.

    Your friends,

    Murphy and Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Noreen... that sounds like a good book, I am going to look for it... wishing you a happy Fourth of July!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14