Thursday, June 28, 2012

Happy Thursday to you!  It's been a busy day for me already- I've been walking, to a garage sale, run errands and watched the last half of our grands swim lessons.  Next I'm off to get my hair cut; I had planned on color as well, but my family says it looks perfect the way it is, so I think I'll wait another cut or two.  Last time I had it colored, I had my gal use organic/natural color that is supposed to be better for your hair. It is a bit more costly, but it's been five months and it still looks good. 
I hit the library yesterday for a couple of new books but of course they didn't have them yet, but I did come home with two.  I also checked into reviewing books for Bethany House but I don't meet the requirements.  Bummer. 
Today I'm thankful for cooler temps; the High Park fire is almost contained and hopefully some of the firefighters from there can go to the Waldo fire.  My prayers are going up for those who have lost their homes and belongings in these fires.
Blessings,  Noreen

8 comments:

  1. That is a busy start. All I have done is wake up, go outside, eat breakfast and I am now hanging at Bert's place. Nose pokes to Hunter.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, we are a house of slackers! All mom did was her morning stretches, then she filled the pool for me and Stanley (so you know what we did). Dad mowed the lawn. And then it was lunch time!

    Your friends,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sweet Nor, Can't believe the devastation of the fires. It's not close to you is it?

    I have been on the run, too. Sam and fam were here for a couple of days, and the other girls are continually in and out. I did get to go to an awesome estate sale today, and might go back tomorrow. The people putting it on were a Christian company and were playing Christian music! Gotta love that!

    Love and hugs to you!
    We'll catch up soon!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those fires are so awful!!!
    Glad it is cooling too.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a busy morning you had! That is too bad about Bethany House. I have a friend that reviews books for a Christian publishing co. Would you be interested in doing that?

    Hope you have a great weekend, too. We are perched in a hotel for a couple of days now. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Cow! That is a very busy day!! Honestly, the one hundred degree temps are just awful!! Sure hope that those fires get contained soon. Hugs to Hunter!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So thankful the fires are getting under control. Each part of the country has it's hazards. But at least with a tornado around here you know really fast if your home is gone. I can't imagine watching that firestorm and wondering for days.
    Each week I get online and order books from our library for my hubby and his mom. Our town library is small so I'm thankful for the system which brings in books we request...some from 70 miles away....that's quite a system. I usually get around 10 a week for my mother in law, she is 93 and she can't do much else. I'm constantly researching for new authors.

    Hope you haven't had too much smoke and soot. Only one of my niece's parents had to evacuate down in CS....I haven't heard yet if their homes are okay yet. I know the mountains will be healthier for this...just hard when homes are involved.

    Have a grand weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a slow day here ... a welcome respite after a busy time the last couple of weeks.

    Glad it's cooled off where you're at ... it looks like it'll be a while before things will cool off here. :-(

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14