Thursday, May 3, 2012

Puppy Love


It's Thankful Thursday and today I want to share what has made me so filled with gratitude today.  The other day, I asked you  all to guess what type of puppy we were getting-here is the answer.  The little male on the left side, with his paw up, is hopefully coming home with us tomorrow.  He is a Bichon; I know, I had been seriously looking at Poodles and Cavachon's but I connected with a breeder and this seemed like a good fit.  Our daughter has a Bichon-poo and so I am pretty familiar with the breed.  The temperament for these fluff balls is sweet and very social; they get along with other dogs and children. Having nine grandchildren, of various ages, around on a regular basis means we need a dog that loves children and won't knock them over.  In the past, many of our dogs were not socialized properly and either had dog issues or kid issues, so I'm hoping this little guy will make life easier in this area.  He is four months old, that is his father next to him.  While I have already adopted him, in my heart, until he is in the car with us and on the way home, I realize we could walk away if something seems wrong.  I also know our daughter's dog Lily will probably be over alot more because Bichon's love company.
My hubby is so happy to be getting a dog that doesn't shed and is so happy.
Go enjoy your day today; remember life is good.
Noreen

10 comments:

  1. He is a cutie. I know I secretly hoped for a big dog (but I am bias.) I hope all works out and he comes home with you. Looking forward to meeting the little guy.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...congratulations!!!
    I had fun catching up and seeing the beautiful Hawaii pictures. Baby Monk seal...how cool is that (o:
    I am sure we will hear more about the new puppy. Have fun (o:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you have made your choice. He looks adorable. I know nothing about that breed but will google it to find out. My how my knowledge is broadening all the time since starting blogging! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, we can see why you are in love:) what an adorable boy. Mom was picking up the boy twin at a friend's yesterday and they had bichon/lhasa combo that was only 8 weeks old. Mom had to bite her tongue because they got her when she was only 6 weeks old. But instead she tried to give the mom some good tips about socializing the pup and some training hints. She was just adorable too.

    We can't wait to really meet your little boy and find out more about him. All the best for your upcoming meeting.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noreen- OH! IS HE CUTE!!!! I hope you get him home soon! Do you have a name picked out? He is just darling- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness how darling is he? Hope it all works out as you plan. I have never heard of this breed....sure is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. {Sigh!}
    Keep us posted on this very important event. He will be one very lucky dog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I sure have heard of the breed!! I am OVER the MOON excited for you!!! How wonderful that you and your husband have chosen to share your hearts and your home with a bichon! I am here for whatever questions may come up and I'm sure that the breeder will also be able to help! Congratulations!! Now....to just get him home and get him all acquainted with his new toys and his new parents and his "stuff"!! I bet your daughter's little one will be thrilled too! xo
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed this post somehow Noreen, but I was thinking Bichon would be a perfect breed for you!!!! Happy, happy. He is a cutie pie!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14