Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Outdoor Wednesday

As you know, we've had a nest on our front porch wall next to the door.  We try to avoid using the door as much as possible and are being very careful not to disturb mom and hatchlings.  There is still one more egg to hatch; I imagine it will hatch tomorrow. They are not too pretty right now but by next week will look more like a wren.  I know that the parents will be back next spring but I wish they'd find a place other than near the door.  I guess they look for a safe haven and we seem to provide it for them.
Yesterday, I spent the morning watching three of four granddaughters for our girl, Kim.  Kim is giving her oldest, Miss S-age 7, standardized tests for the homeschool group they are in.
We went to the park, walked down a road looking for baby goslings and had a great morning.  Today is Miss S's last day of testing so I imagine we will be at the park again. Our little Hunter goes in for grooming today as well; he won't be getting a traditional Bichon cut but more of the puppy/teddy bear look.  We don't mind him scruffy as long as he doesn't get mats.  He has had a few and I brush him every night but find they are really hard to get out.   Our Hunter still seems to enjoy the evenings and goes wild; I wish you could see him.  He'll do circles around the yard again and again, yet going on a walk seems to tire him out.  Of course, going for a walk is really more learning how to behave out in public; so many new sights and sounds.  My girlfriend, Kam and her Lexie, didn't join us today and it was such a surprise to me that Hunter was much more timid without her.  I know each day will get easier for him; he is such a love!
I hope you are able to get out and enjoy your day, even if it is just for a few minutes.
Joy to you, Noreen & Hunter

6 comments:

  1. So glad that you're getting some time with your grands and that Hunter is continuing to settle in nicely. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that I was able to discourage the nesting birds from both my front and back porch!!! I love birds, but I don't want them to nest on the porches that we use so much!! I have a nest of wrens over by the chicken coop, and I would much rather watch them out in the wild! Sounds like you had fun with your girlies yesterday. And Hunter is just one of the gang now, isn't he? Great!!!!
    Have a good day Noreen.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me and Stanley go kind of crazy in the evenings too! It must be a puppy thing. I hope Hunter's friend will join her soon for her walks because it is very scary to be seeing so many new things at one time. So often during our walks I see something new and have to stop suddenly in my tracks just to figure out what it is!

    Your friends,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning! The pic of the baby birds is soo cute! My grands would enjoy that.

    My youngest son and his wife are praying and considering home schooling. Seems like a good idea for them.

    Enjoy your day Noreen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woof! Woof! That is so nice ... can't wait to see it. Have a Happy Wonderful Wednesday! Lots of Golden ALOHA n Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the baby birds. Yes, our fundraiser is this weekend. But really appreciate the idea about the bricks. I am going to bring this up to them I am sure we have a place where they could build a patio or something with memory bricks. Sniffs, The HoundDogs and Mom

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14