Thursday, April 19, 2012

It's thankful Thursday and I just have so much to be thankful for, my heart is overflowing!
We are joining our friends today to tour a botanical garden and then have lunch.  I hope to have some wonderful photos for you tomorrow. 
When we visited the bird sanctuary, we were able to get some wonderful photos. 

This reminds me of the book, from the 70's, Jonathon Livingston Seagull.
Apparently, it is nesting time here and the hillside was covered with birds.
                                        
This is the trio of golfers; from left-Bob, Glenn and my man.  Although the weather has been windy, they are all die-hard golfers and it takes a lot for them to cancel a round.  Next weeks forecast is for rain and stormy weather, so I imagine these guys will be out as much as possible before then.
While they were golfing, Glenn's wife and I went shopping, had lunch and then went back to their condo where we watched "Water For Elephants".  I had been warned about the portrayal of animal abuse and it was pretty intense but I thought the movie was really good; of course you should have heard me yelling at the elephant to save the trainer-lol. 
I just have to tell you, my friends, how thankful I am for you! Your friendship means so much and like so many others, it is hard to believe that such deep bonds could develop without having met face to face. 
Have a blessed day!  Noreen

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are having a wonderful time. How much longer are you there? I loved Water For Elephants and was a little hesitant to watch it after reading the book. I thought they did a good job all the way around.

    You are right- the friendships forged blogging are just amazing- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful! Don't think I could watch that movie, have a difficult time with cruelty to animals.
    Have you seen any monk seals?? probably be some near Poipo Beach on the south end. Should be some pupping soon. Enjoy the rest of your time.
    ALOHA :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a sight the hillside filled with those beautiful birds must have been. I haven't seen "Water for Elephants" because I like to book so much. I'm so glad you are having such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so shocked you are having not so great weather. Hope you enjoyed the botanical gardens. The movies sound interesting! How long are you there for? My husband would be there on the golf course with the guys!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14