Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Happy Wednesday to you!  Everywhere you look, here on Kauai, your senses are bombarded.  We've been here enough times that we have a pretty good lay of the land so it speak, but it is a small island.  Then if you put three gals in a car, who are used to just enjoying the sights anything can happen.  We are enjoying ourselves and the relaxed life style.  The other day we went driving, looking for photo opps and hubby ended up in the parking lot of a golf course he had played earlier in the day(can you say happy-he has played almost every day).  I'm sure, at one point in time, this Victorian home was such a beauty; we don't know any history of it except that it is falling down and it's such a shame that it has been let to go.  It may have sustained damage in one of the hurricanes, like the Coconut Palm hotel where Blue Hawaii was filmed-that now sits in ruins.


Love the contrast of the colors.
One of my favorite all time things is waterfalls; I've always wanted one in our yard-at whichever home we are living in and never had one.  Maybe some day; a girl can dream can't she!
Yesterday, my dear sweet man took me to visit the Kauai Humane Society(because every time I drive by, I comment that I need a dog fix).  You would not believe the incredible space they have-it's a newer building and is so nice and clean; we did walk through the kennels just saying hello to the pups.  I didn't have the camera but will try to get some photos-I think this organization should be the role model for all Humane Society buildings.  There were three dog parks-for various size dogs and of course I stood and watched and laughed.  We also visited my favorite local quilt store and I really wasn't wanting to buy anything-but we found some baby boy fabric that we couldn't resist.  I've got a baby quilt I'll need to start mid-May and since I don't know the sex of the baby and already have girl fabric, who could resist. I did look at the manufacturer but didn't recognize the name; hubby quickly told me I really needed to get it, so I couldn't disappoint him-wink,wink. 
Today we have an errand to run and this afternoon, while hubby golfs, I'll be sitting outside reading.  If it is cold and windy again, I'll be sitting here visiting blogs. 
Aloha~Noreen

10 comments:

  1. Noreen- What a gorgeous old house. It reminds me of Grey Gardens somehow. What a shame!

    It sounds like you are having a wonderful time...any visit to a fabric store has to be a good one..and I'm sure that fabric just jumped into your cart.

    Blessings-have a great time this afternoon- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure that I would have had the strength to go visit the dogs at the Kauai Humane Society ... I would have been too afraid that I would have found THE dog ... and would have had to leave him/her behind. :-(

    Speaking of dogs, I've been doing some looking at Golden Retriever rescue sites in the area. I really would like another Golden ... they're just so sweet, so gentle, so loving. And I want to rescue a Golden who needs a new, forever home (plus I'd really like a young adult ... a dog who would hopefully have a lot of years with us but who was already housebroken and past the worst of the puppy years). I suspect the looking in earnest will begin after our trip to Hilton Head.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW girl, it sounds like you are having a wonderful time......Soak in some of that sunshine for me....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha Noreen,
    When you get back, I would love to know the name of the quilt shop..I think that will be a must for me to do while on the island. My Mom as many days already planed out for us, but I think I can slip the quilt shop in..
    Big hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Noreen it does sound as if you are just having a wonderful time. I love that your hubby took you to the Humane Society. And I love that you went ahead and got that boy fabric! I will anxiously awaiting to find out what my new grandbaby will be too. We are soo blessed Noreen. Keep enjoying that trip! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an amazing old house. So sad it's been abandoned. I LOVE that you went to the Humane society there. I can hardly wait to see what you get next. I too would LOVE a waterfall in my yard. I think we should dream. Please, God, please!!!! (c:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my friend, this along with your previous entries was so refreshing to read and look at. The pictures are so beautiful.

    Thank you for letting me come along for the ride, I surely needed this.

    Have a wonderful time.

    Love you,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Has it really been cold Noreen? I am shocked!!! Sounds like you are having a great time though. I imagine that house was quite lovely in it's day!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad that you are enjoying your time. I love waterfalls too. Even the little ones that trickle down the hillside. Enjoy the rest. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aloha!
    It is beautiful there! So dear of your hubby to take by the dog shelter, too.
    I'm glad you are having a wonderful time.
    Love & hugs,
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14